Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 24, 2024, 12:30:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Results of Court Hearing today....

Started by mudbunnies, Jan 13, 2004, 04:32:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mudbunnies

okay.... to make this simple i will list each item heard and the results, its way to confusing to tell in paragraph form...

ITEM #1

CP Mom's Motion to Dismiss Dad's Motion for Restraining Order (mom called employer harassing about child support payments)  GRANTED

A PRO SE dad got a restraining order against an ATTORNEY!!!!!!

Judge entered mutual RO that neither party or their reps could contact the other party's employer unless serving a written subpeona!!!!!!!!

ITEM #2

CP Mom's Motion to Dismiss Dad's Supplemental Petition for Modification of child support & other relief (notary messed up)  DENIED

However dad has 15 days to filed correct and AMENDED petition and then mom has 10 days to respond however the retroactive date of 9 months ago STAYS IN PLACE!!!!!!

ITEM #3

Dad's Motion to Compel Mediation GRANTED, however only on temporary relief issues at this time, ruling reserved for mediation on supplemental petition until response filed!!!!!!!!!

and folks the great topper of the day;

Dad faxed letter to mom's attorney yesterday asking that since dad was in town could he p/up son for dinner...

Since no response received dad brought it up in front of the judge

Mom spat out "NO" right in front of judge!!!!!!

Judge made no comments, however, judge was witness to direct refusal to cooperate and allow extra visit!

Dad went to school and spent hour or so with child in after school daycare program anyways just to see son!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

all in all, we are very pleased with the outcome
thanks for the prayers and good wishes
one great big relief off our shoulders for a few days anyways

gipsy

I have never went pro se , But let Me tell ya I have paid for it . Atty's Have more or less screwed up my case . Most of the good i got was when I had an atty let me stand there next to him and give answers , Or told Him what to say , I know now that I have had the factual answers to  FEW THINGS  that My second . fired atty did not ,And did not let me tell him the answers At court, , Actually My first atty wasn;t bad , He would have me stand there next to him ,At any rate what I guess I'm trying to say is Well done ,  
My current atty say's Guys can do well pro se based on the fact that they know there case  Better than any one else!.
    Yippee !!  

MYSONSDAD

I could not help but smile over the RO...

You made my day

WAY TO GO!