Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: What can I do to see my daughter again?  (Read 1126 times)


  • New Arrival
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
What can I do to see my daughter again?
« on: Jun 29, 2007, 09:28:38 PM »
I have trying to contact the mother of my child for last three and a half months so I can see our daughter, but she completely ignores me.  Here is the story behind all this.

We originally knew each other from high school, we had some classes togther.  Tens years have passed and one day I get a message on myspace from her asking me to add her as a freind and to say hello. This was a year ago this month.  I said hello and went to visit her at work one day.  She then asked me to come to her birthday party and I did.  That night at her birthday party we ended up sleeping togther.

Five months had passed and we were both busy and didn't keep in contact too much, but she contated me with an instant message telling me she was pregnant.  We talked about it and I asked her if she was sure the child was mine, since from a different conversation about her recently having a boyfreind, she said yes.  I asked her to do a paternity test, she refused. I asked he why and she said I am just not doing one. So I told her that how will I know the child is mine and asked her why she was acting so skechy.  She got mad and we didn't talk for a long while.

She then contacted me two weeks after our daughter was born, which she was born 7 weeks early. She told me our daughter was doing well and that she still wants me to be involved.  So I talked with her and she decided she would do a paternity test.  We did the test, a legal one, and it came back 99.9996 % positive.  She wanted me to see our daughter and be in her life and she wanted our daughter to have my last name. I thought that was great and decided to get involved and do the right thing. This all happened in February of this year.

At this time I was going back to college and visiting our daughter once a week until the middle of March. This is when everything happened.  I talked with her about coming with me to the town hall and getting our daughter's name changed to my last name and me signing the birth certificate.  For some reason, she started ingnoring me and making up excuses why she couldn't go and that she was too busy.   I even invited her and our daugher to come to a family St. Patricks day dinner, but she again made up excuses why she was busy and would not let me bring our daughter to my mother's, where we were having the dinner.  

Since then she completely ignores me, will not answer any of my phone calls, e-mails, or instant messages.  She has cut me off from our daughter and won't let me in her life.  I do not know why this is happening, everything seemed great and I was really happy being involved in our daughter's life.  

What I would like to know is what can I do?  We live in New Hampshire and I have tried looking up the laws in this state, but it is difficult to find much.  If anyone can point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.  Thanks.



  • Sr. Member
  • ******
  • Posts: 1697
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
RE: What can I do to see my daughter again?
« Reply #1 on: Jun 29, 2007, 09:37:28 PM »
See an attorney and file for a parenting plan. The court may want the paternity test affirmed, but they might accept the test that you already did - assuming it was done properly.


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.