Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 20, 2024, 06:23:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Ivy Marie

Started by markanthonysipple, Sep 17, 2007, 03:21:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markanthonysipple

My ex-wife recently moved out of state with our six year old daughter. I have always
been an active parent in her life. I had petitioned the court for custody/visitation
prior to her moving, she moved anyway. She has repeatedly denied visitation since
she has moved. I have an intake hearing tomorrow that will probably get thrown out
because it needed to be transferred from circuit to J&D. I followed all necessary
steps to have transfer completed in a timely manner. The circuit court even reassured
me two weeks ago it was being transferred, but it wasn't. Her lawyer is a city
delegate and very influential in Charlottesville Va., I'm wondering if this
had something to do with it not being transferred. Anyway, I do not have thousands
of dollars for attorneys fees and I need advice for resource agencies. I just want
a meaningful relationship with my daughter. I appreciate any help you can offer.

Sincerely,

Mark Sipple

mistoffolees

Sadly, there's no cheap way to do this in most cases. Your best bet is to pick the battles you really have a chance of winning and fight for all you're worth. You may have to take a second job, sell assets, borrow money, or whatever.

One thing to consider is forcing it to a custody evaluator. Results are mixed, but they do sometimes get good results without huge expense.

Good luck.