Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 20, 2024, 03:39:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

She refuses a DNA test

Started by dabryguy9, Sep 28, 2007, 02:36:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dabryguy9

Over the weekend I had my boys, and out of the blue my oldest son asks me "Dad, what would you do if you found out XXXX wasn't your son?"  I was shocked, and told him I don't think we have to worry about that.. and left it alone.  The next day I asked him "Did you hear someone says that your little brother isn't my son?"  He froze, and didn't want to talk... then said "no Dad, was just asking" he is 11.

I sent the boys' mother an email asking her about this, and her reply to me was "They are your kids, and am not going to allow you to make them take a DNA test..."  So now am thinking something is up.

For 10 years she had at least 8 boyfriends that I found out about when I caught her with the last one.  

Can she legally stop this, we have joint 50/50 custody...

Help!

Sherry1

Children born of married people are considered to be the biological children of those people.  What purpose would it be to prove they aren't yours, you are the only dad they know.

mistoffolees

>Can she legally stop this, we have joint 50/50 custody...

Yes, you can. If you have 50:50 custody, then you have every right to have the boys tested.

But I would think very hard about what you hope to accomplish. You've been a part of the boys life from the start and you're the only father they know. You would do an incredible amount of damage to them with no benefit to you (you're going to be paying child support even if they're not biologically yours since you were married at the time they were born).

My advice would be to drop it. If you're convinced you have to proceed, I would suggest that you first spend quite a bit of time with a counselor, pastor, support person, etc before proceeding AND talk with an attorney to see how little it's going to change anything else.

ocean

You can do the test yourself with one of those kits or take the child yourself. It probably would not change anything else except you knowing the truth.

mistoffolees

>You can do the test yourself with one of those kits or take
>the child yourself. It probably would not change anything else
>except you knowing the truth.

Really? I didn't know that this was a do-it-at-home test now. Amazing, if true.

ocean

I think you have to send it to a lab but you can send in the sample....

Sherry1

and they can be for father, mother and child (mother optional).

https://www.gtldna.net/?src=google&gclid=CIChyZzb6Y4CFQqgYgodoz85Eg

mistoffolees

OK. So you simply obtain the sample yourself and send it to a lab for testing.

That's more like what I expected.

Thanks.