Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 20, 2024, 08:39:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

She called CPS... I need some help quick

Started by superdad01, Oct 02, 2007, 12:53:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

superdad01

Ok here is the situation. I am very nervous about what could happen.

My sister and her boys ages 8 and 6 moved in with me about a month ago. I felt this would help my custody situation due to the fact that I would have someone to help get my daughter off to school while I was at work on 1st shift.

I have not yet filed papers to get back into court regarding getting overnight parenting time throughout the week. I have the child on almost a daily basis. Just not the overnights except every other weekend.

Now everthing has been going fine until last night. My daughter 5 and the youngest 6 were upstairs watching a movie and ACCORDING TO HER MOTHER when I dropped her off my daughter informed her mom that the youngest boy touched her pp. They were not naked. They were FULLY CLOTHED.

Now she did not tell me what had happend.

After I got the call from her mom and she told me she was calling CPS we asked the young boy about it and he said he was playing or whatnot whippin his arms around and I guess touched her on accident. I guess she asked him why he did it and he said it was an accident and he was sorry.

I am freaking out about this... Has anyone went through anyting similar? What can I expect from these CPS people?

I imagine that my shot of overnight parenting time is down the toilet.

HELP PLEASE.

any links or sources of info would be greatly apptreciated.

mistoffolees

Get yourself an attorney. That will matter much more than any advice you receive here.

Given the circumstances, I wouldn't panic yet. Talk to the attorney first. I personally doubt that it will be an issue as long as the facts are as you've presented them. But don't take any chances. Talk to the attorney first.

Kent

If CPS picks this up (which may or may not happen), then CPS will come to your home for an investigation.
Make sure you point out to them (without being nasty about it) that there is an ongoing custody dispute with you attempting to obtain more parenting time, and the mother fighting you tooth and nail.
That will likely take care of the situation.

They will still "interview" you and the little boy, but as long as he sticks with the truth (which I assume is what he told you), then the investigation will be closed without any negative consequences for you.

Be cautious if CPS wants to interview the boy without anybody else there. Sometimes they are really good at coercing young children to say what they want to hear.

Talk to an attorney, as filing unsubstantiated reports with CPS is a big no-no with many judges, and then it will work to your advantage.

Good luck!

Kent!

superdad01

Yes I plan on letting them know exactly what is going on.

I can't dispute that something did happen but I think mom is blowing it out of proportion for her own personal gain.

I think if we could've sat down and looked at what happened we could have concluded what happened was an accident and not a assult. Now if the 6 year old boy would have been a teenager or something of that nature it would have been a different story all toghter.

I will tell them that I want to be there when they are questioning any of the kids, even if I can no be seen I want to know how they are asking the questions and everthing. I don't want them putting answers in their mouths.

When I picked up my daughter yesterday everthing was fine. I took her to the park and asked her questions about it. i recorded the video on my phone. I just wanted to see how she would answer the questions. i think we concluded that it was an accident.  i also took video when I got home of them two playing togther as if nothing ever happened. So I don't believe my child is in any way traumatized or anything of that nature. I would also submit this evidence to the CPA.

Maybe I am going overboard, i dunno but I am used to dealing with this scandalous woman.

superdad01

ok........whewwww  I am now breathing a little sigh or relief.

I talked to the local police investigator today and gave him my view of what happened. He pretty much had the idea that kids are kids and nothing abusive nor anything sexual had happened. I also let him know about our ongoing court issues and other misc BS that this woman puts me through. He seemed to identify and said he would talk with her.

After I picked up my daughter and returned home the CPS investigator was at my house talking with my sister. She talked to my daughter at school as well as my sister's 6 year old kid. She relayed to me that she did not feel anyting happened as well. She was very personable and seemed to identify with the situation. I also told her about the on going court issues and mothers track record of allegations etc.

Hopefullly this will be the end of it and nothing will come back and bite me in the butt.

Davy

Having experienced and watched these and like situations over a long period of years I doubt if you have anything to worry about.  More than likely it will come back to bite HER in the butt ... all you have to do is sit back and not say a word (unless the opportunity presents itself of course).

Droogle

SD was pre-school age at the time (so 4 or 5) BM had signed over custody to DH and was ticked about something.  I had 2 CPS workers show up (a senior case worker and a senior investigator) DH was at work, SD was at pre-school (she was going through our school district as a pre-schooler with emotional/social issues and was in school with a social worker on staff)  CPS didn't know about our son who was under a year old at the time.  They left with enough to hang BM on their own.  

Next visit SD comes home with a bruise on her face.  BM's boyfriend's ex called me up and told me that BM hit her in the face at a party.  We called the CPS case worker and they talked to SD.  They then called BM in and asked her if SD ever lied.  Bm thinking they had something on DH said NO and sank her own butt.  

In the end the case was closed, CPS was back in BM's house for another trip.  She stopped seeing SD after that too.  Sadly, it cost SD a relationship with her older sister that she will never have because she was killed riding her bike in 2003 because BM was too lazy to go to the store herself and let an 11 yo cross a busy county road.  Needless to say CPS was back in the house again.  

Last time we heard from BM she was living in her car with her 3 other kids and the 2 guys who are the kids fathers.  She blew threw the settlement she got for her oldest childs death in less than 2 months.  Not that it was a lot but still.  New toys or a place to live.  Gee I think I would pick the place to live.  

I've lost my mind.  I think my kids have it.

babyfat

I'm so happy that it worked out for you but be on guard still. I had almost exactly the same situation happen. My daughter who was 9 at the time and my boyfriends daughter who was 6 at the time over heard a conversation on breast feeding. The two kids though it was funny. The six year old told her mother what breast feeding was but the mother freaked and it set off a two year chain of events that still go on today. The mom of the six year old called cps, stated that my 9 year old tried to get milk from the 6 year old "boob", we had been having problems with her pulling stuff for months, the social worker came out interviewed the kids then us we told her everything including all the little stunts this woman pulled in the last few months, and we got a letter from the cps office that the kids were safe in the home. Heard nothing more for several months. We thought it was over then she pressed Domestic violance charges that she made up and could not have happened. This got thrown out of court so she made another alligation of sex abuse between the two kids. The worker decided to open a case because there was a previous report of the same nature so it could have happened. It just spiraled downward from there. What I have discovered was if I had documented better, recorded some conversations, and took pictures of everything I could have proved my case so much better. Now we have to prove it in circut court and I can only prove my child didn't do anything to this other child I can not prove all the abuse this insane woman is doing to her own child. I'm sure my case is a worst case of what can happen and I hope yours is over but I have seen simular cases like mine so don't think your in the clear yet.
I have to just hope this will all work out in the end and as a very good social worker told me "you reap what you sew" and this evil woman will get what she desevers in the end. This worker has almost 30 years experience so she probably knows what she is talking about. She even said she has seen it happen before and it never works out for the evil bitter ex's in the end.