Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 03:49:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Writer seeks paternity contest experiences

Started by marcodieci, Oct 24, 2007, 01:37:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marcodieci

I am a writer researching a story involving paternity fraud and its consequences for the innocent victims it spawns.  The piece focuses on the moral, financial, psychological and practical ramifications for alleged fathers, their families (current spouses/partners, children) as well as the subject child in question. I am seeking to interview alleged fathers who are being forced to pay child support (preferably through New York or New Jersey Family Court systems) despite having DNA proof that they are not the biological fathers, or have been denied court-sanctioned DNA testing.  Those who have never met the child in question are of particular interest. In the interest of gaining full perspective on the issue, I would also very much welcome the opportunity to speak with spouses, partners, family members of alleged fathers as well as mothers or parental guardians of subject children.   If you are willing to share your experience, please email me at: [email protected] Many thanks, Mark. Mark Tenn has been a film/TV/theatre professional for 8 years.  In various development and distribution roles, he has worked with the producers of films such as MonsterÕs Ball, Dirty Pretty Things, Birth, In This World, Finding Neverland, The Pianist and Oliver Twist.

mistoffolees

Good luck with your search.

I hope you will accurately present the fact that the situation you described is a very rare event and usually had extenuating circumstances rather than presenting a biased "look at how terrible the system is" kind of muckraking story.

Davy

>I hope you will accurately present the fact that the situation you described is a very rare event and usually >had extenuating circumstances rather than presenting a biased
>"look at how terrible the system is" kind of muckraking story.

Many of your posts continue to be offensive and an insult to intelligence.  Why do you make such false exagerated statements without any proof especially with 'living proof' so readily available ???

BTW, I staunchly disagree with the OP's half-baked inquiry as well.

mistoffolees

>>I hope you will accurately present the fact that the
>situation you described is a very rare event and usually >had
>extenuating circumstances rather than presenting a biased
>>"look at how terrible the system is" kind of muckraking
>story.
>
>Many of your posts continue to be offensive and an insult to
>intelligence.  Why do you make such false exagerated
>statements without any proof especially with 'living proof' so
>readily available ???
>
>BTW, I staunchly disagree with the OP's half-baked inquiry as
>well.

My post wasn't offensive, nor an insult to anyone's intelligence. Nor did I make any 'false, exaggerated statements'.

I simply posted a request that they make an unbiased story and present both sides. The tenor of the post (not to mention the fact that they posted it in 4 or 5 diferent threads) made it sound as if it wasn't going to present both sides of the issu, so I asked for a little balance.

I'm curious why you find it so offensive for someone to request both sides of a story.