Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 04:36:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

As an NCP, do you feel that child support orders are just and fair in your case and that no matter what, the CP's lifestyle should be maintained for the sake of the children?

Started by olanna, Nov 05, 2007, 11:49:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

As an NCP, do you feel that child support orders are just and fair in your case and that no matter w

Totally agree with the above statement and the court system works well.
2 (10.5%)
To some degree, I think it works well.
3 (15.8%)
No, I don't think it works at all.
14 (73.7%)

Total Members Voted: 78

dipper

I respectfully disagree with the comments that the CP doesnt have repercussions if they dont provide for the child while the NCP does.  This generalization is not true to every case.

In fact, I have long said that as a CP, if I didnt take care of my children- feed them, give them clothes, a place to sleep - CPS could and would take them from me.  But, my ex on the other hand, owes over $10,000 arrears from job hopping and they have never did anything to him.  

the system is faulty in a lot of ways.  For one, I believe they have a tendency to set CS high.  I dont care if the NCP makes $3,000 and the CP makes $500, why shouldnt the CP have to get a better paying job and be a more equal parent financially?  And why does it take more to raise the child just because an NCP makes $3000 as opposed to $2000?  Expenses for child are the same......so why higher CS?

its also wrong that a NCP can jump state lines and its like they disappeared.  North Carolina will not even discuss case with me, and Virginia never knows whats going on........North Carolina has enforcement, while Virginia retains case....

CS is messed up .....across the board...

olanna

Guess I haven't seen CPS hold the hands of the CP to the fire when kids are sitting in a dark house with no food.  But I have seen the CP be able to get food stamps and public assistance, even when receiving CS. I've never known a CP to have a driver's license taken away or wages garnished if they weren't providing for the kids.  CS is messed up...

You'll get no argument from me. I still say the playing field is really unlevel.