Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 02:36:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Alienation

Started by tkl1126, Dec 02, 2007, 03:14:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tkl1126

Any thoughts regarding parental alienation and what can be done to counter such behavior when the CP committs such against the NCP and what indicators are there to know the damage that is being done to the child?

Ref

You have to take into account what ways your ex is attempting alienation and the age and maturity of the children.

I think you need to learn to take the high road without allowing yourself to be a punching bag. Spend as much time with your kids as possible and make sure to be on your best behavior so as not to support the lies about you. Document everything. Take lots of happy times pictures of you with your kids and look at them often with your kids while talking about how much fun you had.

Basically, be the best person you can be and remind your kids of the good times as often as possible. You really can't do any more than that.

Best wishes,
Ref

babyfat

If you google Parental Aleination Syndrome many good sites come up. Many go into detail on how to counter act some of the damage being done.

catherine

buy a copy of the book DIVORCE POISION - author has good suggestions but the main one - therapy can help A LOT.

tkl1126

All very helpful, thank you.

tkl1126

I believe I have done my share of bashing and maybe it has affected my now 14 year old daughter......albeit the truth, it still may have had a damaging effect.

After reading some of the Google articles, as suggested, I find I need to do some work.

That being said, I gave up the last weekend for my daughter to have a birthday party at her mothers and this weekend was our first together in three weeks.....guess what....we got into a disagreement on her health being she has a cold and I told her she should stay home and not go to the movies at night with her friends.  She calls her mom and her mom tells her she doesn't have to stay with me and she will pick her up and of course the situation escalated into her leaving and her mom picking her up. [ forget calling the police to enforce a court ordered agreement we had...just leads to more alienation and hate]

The ex seems to have won and now my daughter has such distain for me that I have become enammered to even know how to make things okay.  The mother is so permissive and without remorse in anything she does irrespective of the consequences that may befall our daughter, as long as it is counter to my wishes, she will do it and let our daughter know it is okay to do so.

Being the best person I can be is not enought when you are dealing with pathelogical liars and sociopathic personalities.

I am without hope at this point after thinking my little girl would never turn on her father, how evil can her mother and why?

MixedBag