Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 12:22:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Sorry to whoever emailed me

Started by Ref, Jan 22, 2008, 10:47:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ref

I don't want to email back because my email is pretty close to my name and I would like to keep my DH's lovey ex from knowing that I'm Ref.

Anyway, to answer your question, the IRC 6501 (Internal Revenue Code) states, in a nutshell, that the IRS generally has the later of 3 years from the date the return was filed or due to examine.

There are exceptions, like if there is fraud, then they don't have a limit or if you agree to extending the date, but in your case, I would have to say you can go by the general guidelines.

Ref

Ref

I don't want to email back because my email is pretty close to my name and I would like to keep my DH's lovey ex from knowing that I'm Ref.

Anyway, to answer your question, the IRC 6501 (Internal Revenue Code) states, in a nutshell, that the IRS generally has the later of 3 years from the date the return was filed or due to examine.

There are exceptions, like if there is fraud, then they don't have a limit or if you agree to extending the date, but in your case, I would have to say you can go by the general guidelines.

Ref