Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 12:42:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Are non custodial mom's welcome here?

Started by bensmom, Jan 11, 2008, 10:53:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bensmom

>
>Unfortunately with child support, I know a lot of men feel the
>same way you do and they are broke to, and some goes for
>visitation.
>

My ex makes over 75K a year; I make a third of that.  He's not broke, not when through our entire marriage I was not allowed on his accounts and had no access to the marital funds.  But again to fight that would have meant excessive legal fees.

Oh well, it's all water under the bridge now.

wendl

I think you missed the point.  My hubby does not make anywhere near 75K and a lot of other non custodial parents don't either. Hell my husband and I have NO joint accounts and we have been together for almost 8yrs.  It's not that either one of us would abuse the funds it is to protect both of us from other things.

I could ramble about that but I am not sure if my hubbies ex still visits this site.

The point I was trying to make is your not alone here.
Many noncustodial parents (moms or dads) are in the same boat.

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**

bensmom

Thanks for responding.  It is good to know there are other people out there- I have felt very overwhelmed by this.  Everyone seems to think that moms should have their kids (not that I disagree) and I feel very judged.  :+

wendl

I don't feel that way, I feel the person who is most capable at the time should have the kids.

My son wanted to live with his dad when he turned 14 I told him he could (yes I went to the lake and cried) but at a certain point in a childs life they really need the other parent more, as boys grow older then need dad (even though they will always be mamma's boys)

My youngest stepson wants to live with us, he is at a point in his life where he needs his dad, but mother is being selfish and will not let him.

If more people (moms in general and I am saying this as a mom) would stop feeling that they cannot let the child live with the other parent or they may look like a bad parent and realise who gives a crap but others think, it is what is best for the child.

Feel free to vent and get your frustrations out, this site has a wealth of information.

We are not pro mom or pro dad, we are for the Kids and that who is important.

Good luck hun.

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**