Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 23, 2024, 01:37:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

military housing question

Started by wysiwyg, Feb 04, 2008, 01:05:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wysiwyg

My daughter is a Sgt in the Army, has filed for divorce and her STBX (civilian) has decided to not leave the home.  She has gotten the family base housing and has $735 deducted every month for housing and electric etc.  I told her to consult her attorney on how the household bills should be split since there is a pending filing but both parties still live in the home, both parties should be responsible, and she is unsure what she can do if anything but bear the brunt of the costs while he lives there without any contribution to the household bills, day care for the children or vehicles etc.  All is deducted from her pay.

Any ideas or anyone with experience?

Thanks in advance.

MixedBag

o.k., military housing and that $735  covers rent, utilities, etc... water, gas electric garbage, not phone, cable/TV.  Whether he lives there or not, she's gonna have $735 deducted from her pay if she stays in military housing.

The only thing she can do is to ask the court in the final order to reimburse her or order him to share the brunt of the other costs that are optional  -- like phone, cable/TV, babysitter, food, and stuff considered household bills.

Hope that helps!

wysiwyg

That's what I thought,, unfortunately he won't volunteer to help with day care, food and all the bills, and I am afraid that he is gonna drag it out, he had to have his mother pay for his attorney, he won't even get a job to pay that nor will he watch his kids when he is not working.  

Giggles

that she can have him removed from the house...she'd have to check with the JAG office on how to proceed.
Now I'm living....Just another day in Paradise!!

wysiwyg

she has checked and this is how it works, the mp's are called, she is the one removed, they take her to the barracks and she can not go home or have the kids until there is a final order from the court.  The STBx can stay in the house for as long as he wishes while she lives in the barracks.  UNLESS........he harms her or the children, then she can go get an RO on him in which case he is removed from the home.  As of right now, he is doing nothing to contribute to the home, working s few hours here and there, while the kids are in day care, and then he goes out drinking, comes home at 5-6 AM drunk, having a designated driver drop him off home.