Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 02:33:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

contempt of court Colorado

Started by bigrob, Mar 11, 2008, 04:46:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigrob

the court order says that we have joint decision making ability. My 2 1/2 yo daughter had bottle rot due to mother giving her juice at night. I took her to the dentist as i suspected her top 4 front teeth were rotten. there are two options 1) to fix her teeth (4 root canals) $2500 2) Extract her teeth $680

I could not afford to fix her teeth so I wanted to extract her teeth so it would not go to her permanent teeth. Her mom without discussion fixed her teeth paid for it, and now she wants $1414 (65%of the total bill) plus attorney fees. I could not pay it until now with my tax return and a small loan. I paid her $1415 yesterday but wants $550 of attorney fees. I told them I'm not going to do it now i have a trial set in may.

How good of a case do I have do you think I'll have to pay the fees in trial?

MixedBag

While none of us can say for sure, I think that you won't have to pay the fees.

Why?

Just helped another person with a bill -- they paid it and the company forgot to tell the attorney it was paid in full.

So, this person filed a "Motion to Dismiss" because it was paid.  Attorney also filed a motion to dismiss and didn't ask for attorney's fees.  The original filing included fees.

Also, IMHO, you are not in contempt of the court order.  Go to the Socrateaser part of this site and search on "3 elements of contempt".  Soc's not here anymore, but his advice is golden and from what you posted, you're not in contempt.

BUT you have a problem with the interpretation of "joint custody" on the CP's part.....