Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 09:03:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Spouse Cheating

Started by Fueledbyjava, Mar 14, 2008, 01:25:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fueledbyjava

I have intel that proves my soon to be ex is and has been for at least the last 5-6 months having an extramarital affair and that said affair is the real reason for us geting divorced not that she "just doesn't love me anymore". I just want to sell house and pay off debt then split leftover profit 50/50. How does this inormation factor into my case? Does it look good? I wont say much about what the intel is but it is irrefutable nad well documented. We also have a daughter who I am seeking 50% custody of.

olanna

It really depends on where you live. If you are in the south, it might make some difference. If you live out west, it won't matter one bit.

Keep in mind..while what she did may be morally wrong, she is still the mother of your child.  Keep it civil and avoid the mud slinging. The betrayal hurts but in time, the hurt slips away and turns into thankfulness...thankful that person is no longer in your life and the ability to move on.

If you have a good 50/50 arrangement now, there is no reason the judge would change that. If you don't, you might be in for a battle. A cheater makes an awful mate but usually the parenting is a separate issue....

MixedBag

AL is an at fault state, where infidelity can have impact on the property settlement.  Hardly ever has impact on custody.

SO, I'll second what Olanna said.

Find out by searching if your state is an "at fault" state.

Documentation for an affair/infidelity is USUALLY by admission of the other party or a picture of them in bed.  

Pick and choose your battles....

Fueledbyjava

I am in Alabama, I understand what you are saying about custody, that makes sense, That is good news to hear about the property stuff though, not that I want anything other than what's fair anyway.