Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 23, 2024, 07:22:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Parenting time

Started by jzurinsky, Apr 11, 2008, 08:19:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gamma

That will be good in court. Hope you didn't take either that I was implying you were not an active parent.

Often when your already in court with an infant, what you will see is mom's side saying dad knows nothing about babies, nothing about children. Doing things like I and the other poster suggested prior to court, defeats that argument.

Mi courts as I said, still tend to stick to mom has primary custody and dad has standard, 1 or 2 weeknights(that really depends on the county)and that eow. Usually they give dad joint legal.

Now there are many that have more, but doing things that were suggested really help.

Not sure what happened here with you and mom, but is there any working together or communication between the 2 of you? Do you attend things like Dr appts, does she give you any info in that area? Is it possible to perhaps come up with some agreements between the 2 of you without the court? Do you think something like mediation might work?

jzurinsky

The X did try to tell the courts that I knew nothing about infants and the judge asked if this was the first child for both of us and suggested we both take parenting classes. I have done so but she had not. Also I have been attending doctors appts. I have tried to discuss things with her but I really feel she has great anxiety being separated from him and that is why she can't talk about it. We do discuss things when it comes to his care. It has been easier with that as the days go buy. Hopefully we can come to some understanding soon. It is killing me having to take him home after only 4 hrs.

wendl

Try to stay as active as you can, sounds like you are moving in the right direction.

Remember this is a learning expeirence for the both of you and remind her that you are both the childs parent and the child needs to bond with both of you.

Best wishes.