Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 20, 2024, 08:03:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

refunding partial attorney retainer fee?

Started by superdad01, May 26, 2008, 04:44:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

superdad01

Hey guys I am just wondering about how I should go about asking for a retainer fee back for an attorney I will not be using to further my case?

I've come to realise after talking to several attorneys that I don't have a chance pretty much to get what i want... At least not now. As with my last thread "issues" I have come to the conclusion that I am screwed regarding making my pick-up time or not. My last attorney consult said to not contact the foc and ask them to interviene since they would most likely go by the foc guidelines. (which would not benefit me) Also asking for more parenting time when i could not meet my times now would also most likely result in a worse situation for me.

I have gotten to the point of getting myself emotionally ready of not seeing my daughter daily. It's been hard but it is what it is.

After I gave this attorney money I had some troubles contacting her and she did not return corspondance for quite sometime. I had to resort to telling her I was filling a complaint then she finally called me. I posted on here about the situation as well. So should I just ask for a complete itemized bill.

In total I gave her $800
What i got was a proposed order and a 20 minute courtdate.