Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 02:57:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Coed Sleepovers - yea or nay?

Started by SquirrelSM, May 29, 2008, 09:39:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SquirrelSM

SD15 has a boyfriend who just turned 16.  They have been dating for 5 months.  BM is going to allow the boyfriend to join SD on their vacation trip this summer in spite of the fact that DH does not think it is an age appropriate thing for his daughter to be doing.

I am sure that there is nothing DH can do to prevent the boy from going on the trip with SD and BM since BM invited him.

DH does not think it is appropriate for a number of reasons.  First, SD is 15 and this is her first boyfriend.  If she is allowed to bring this boy on a trip, then she will presume that any boy she dates afterward will be allowed to go on trips.  It sets a bad precedent.  Second, it gives more weight to the relationship than it is worthy of.  It is a high school 'puppy love'; and while it's cute and sweet for them to date, allowing them to take trips together creates the impression that it is more serious a relationship than it should be at this age. (And at this point in the relationship; they have only been 'dating' for a few months.) Last, is the most obvious one:  No matter how much you think you are watching them, if they are together for a week while out of town, it just gives them that many more opportunities to get into hanky panky.

What is your opinion on coed sleepovers for 15-16 year olds?

MixedBag

treici

My SS "came out" about two months ago(15 years old).  BM is still allowing him to have same-sex sleepovers...obviously some of these guys are just friends of his, but it is really the same thing IMO.

babyfat

You have got to be kidding me! What mother in her right mind would allow that! Oh yeah the one who would have the pregnant 15 year old!
NO NO NO I'd never allow that!

FatherTime

wendl

My dad let me take my 1st boyfriend on a family trip.  He made my boyfriend sleep in a seperate room.

My dad and stepmom kept us busy with FAMILY things, I didn't have  alone time with him.

And hate to say it, remember when you were 16, you found ways to get hanky panky, I think I had more opportunities to get hanky panky at home then I did when he came with us on a family vacation.

I don't want my 16yr old having girls spend the night and I don't allow it at my house.

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**