Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: Maine wants to change my support order, I want to take custody.  (Read 1373 times)

Board Dad

  • New Arrival
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
     I have taken what I regard in hindsight as being the wrong steps, since I found out this girl was pregnant.  That was in 1999, and I am currently being dragged into court for my state to try and change the agreed upon court order from NH, even though my daughter and her mom live in CT... I can go into more detail if there is someone who thinks they may have good advice, but basically I would charge that the  mother has taken every step to keep me out of our girl's life since she was born, while I have been trying to keep us both involved.  The last 2 years, I have only been allowed to have my daughter to visit during Christmas to New Year's week.  Maine has been willing to give me no help through the DHHS department, and was even unwilling to attend this case, which they initiated.  
     I appreciate any help you may suggest,


  • Global Moderator
  • SuperHero
  • *****
  • Posts: 3049
  • Karma: 155
  • That's Me...MixedBag
    • View Profile
    • http://www.doilyboutique.com
RE: Maine wants to change my support order, I want to take custody.
« Reply #1 on: Jun 05, 2008, 03:01:44 PM »
Maine doesn't have jurisdiction or the authority to create any orders regarding your situation with your daughter.  

NH has original jurisdiciton.

CT probably has jurisdiction now because Mom and daughter live there (for at least 6 months.)

The only thing Maine can do is ENFORCE current orders.

If you want time with your daughter, you're gonna have to ask the court to order it.


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.