Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 23, 2024, 01:15:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Maine wants to change my support order, I want to take custody.

Started by Board Dad, Jun 05, 2008, 11:08:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Board Dad

Hello,
     I have taken what I regard in hindsight as being the wrong steps, since I found out this girl was pregnant.  That was in 1999, and I am currently being dragged into court for my state to try and change the agreed upon court order from NH, even though my daughter and her mom live in CT... I can go into more detail if there is someone who thinks they may have good advice, but basically I would charge that the  mother has taken every step to keep me out of our girl's life since she was born, while I have been trying to keep us both involved.  The last 2 years, I have only been allowed to have my daughter to visit during Christmas to New Year's week.  Maine has been willing to give me no help through the DHHS department, and was even unwilling to attend this case, which they initiated.  
     I appreciate any help you may suggest,
ME

MixedBag

Maine doesn't have jurisdiction or the authority to create any orders regarding your situation with your daughter.  

NH has original jurisdiciton.

CT probably has jurisdiction now because Mom and daughter live there (for at least 6 months.)

The only thing Maine can do is ENFORCE current orders.

If you want time with your daughter, you're gonna have to ask the court to order it.