Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 09:27:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Father rights in Texas

Started by srbowman, Jun 10, 2008, 01:10:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

srbowman

Hi I am new to this. My soon to be husband is fighting tooth and nail for custody of his sons. We are at our wits end now, does anyone have any ideas that we can do. His ex-wife does things with them that would make your stomach turn but that CPS finds no wrong doing. Her new husband abuses them and they are afraid of them both but will not speak up. Now she is trying to move them from the state.

Please someone help us keep our boys here...  

janM

Has she properly notified him/court of the upcoming move?

Dad should file to restrain her from moving the kids from the jurisdiction of the court until the matter can be heard.

Perhaps a GAL can be appointed to hear the kids' side.

srbowman

Yes she has notified him and the courts.  My fiance does not want the kids to be moved and in their divorce papers is states that as long as he lives in Tarrant County she has to live in Tarrant or the ajoining counties.

In the matters of the kids, I didn't put all that goes on. We are trying to get them because we want them to know what normal is and feel that have a stabel home.  The oldest is 9 and has been in 9 schools (no they did not move because of the millatry). I have been in their lives for about a year now and they have moved 3 times and have been told they are moving again. The mother takes showers completely naked with both boys and sleeps with both boys completely naked. The new step-father has them scared, they say he picks them up by 1 arm and yells and hits them. There is so much more that is going on...

What is a GAL and how do I go about getting one for the kids?

Thank you

tigger

The wonderful thing about tiggers is I'm the only one!

tigger

The wonderful thing about tiggers is I'm the only one!

Davy

I believe a GAL will be assigned by the court upon request.

You might contact the Texas Fathers for Equal Rights (TFER) ... perhaps they have dropped the 'Texas' these days.  I believe they still meet in downtown Dallas on Thursday nights for 'Experience Sharing' sessions.
You should be able to easily find them on the internet (google them) and they may have a Tarrant county branch.  Years ago they maintained offices in Dallas, Ft Worth, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, and ???.  

In Dallas, expect free legal advice from both attorneys and prose'ers.  Also expect the presence of  more women than men ... 2nd wives, grand mothers, significant others, etc.   It is best not to tell anyone you attended a FER meeting.

At least check it out and hopefully participate.  

I'm in Collin county.