Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 18, 2024, 04:01:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

I just really need help!

Started by Adair, Jun 09, 2008, 06:02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adair

I pay 303 dollars a month for child support and my ex can't keep her phone on and I never get to see my daughter. 303 is a lot to pay on my measly Krispy Kreme check and it seems like more then enough for her to keep her darn phone on so I get to see my daughter. Do I have to keep paying child support if I have NO contact with my daughter? It seems really unfair to me when she has a good paying job and a husband who supports her dumb butt! I need to know!

knoot7

How old is your daughter? If she is old enough - get her a cell phone. They do have phones that are available that it will only call the numbers inputted into the phone and they have 4 buttons....you program it and one button is for your house, one button for grandma or something like that. It is also a pre-pay. We checked it out for SS but it was a bit too young for him.

BM kept having all utilities shut off ...nothing we could do about that. The last phase when BM had phone shut off for several months - she was leaving SS to babysit his sister without any means of calling for help in an emergency....so we got him a cell phone as I do not want SS to burden himself if anything happened while on his watch and he couldn't call for help.

Please remember CS is suppose to support the child - food for her, clothing, etc. I know 303 sounds like a ton of cash on your check...but  if she was with you you would be spending at the very least that much on items for her..... Yes utilities are important but the phone is not necessarily a necessity. Visitation/seeing your chilld is a different issue than child support - they do not go hand in hand.

sweetpea1

It is unfair.  But if you've been court orderd to pay CS than, yes you must.  Family courts typciall treat CS and visitation as separate unrelated issues.  

gemini3

Your child support is separate from visitation issues.  If you aren't getting to see your daughter you need to pursue that through the proper channels (family court).  If you have court ordered visitation you don't need to call her, you just need to show up to get your daughter at the appointed time.  You can also e-mail your ex to make arrangements.