Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 08:34:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

GAL

Started by Fueledbyjava, Jul 15, 2008, 06:23:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fueledbyjava

The court has assigned a GAL to determine temp. custody, any suggestions or past experiences with a GAL would be greatly appreciated. I know this shouldn't matter but the GAL is a woman, again I am a father seeking full custody of my daughter.

John-J-Jay

i had an attorney ad litem involved in my case, she hated me. I also had a social worker involved that did a home study and she loved my parenting skills. My suggestion is to have both done. I've had custody for almost 10 yrs  and my ex recently "TRIED" to regain custody but becuase it was technically a tie. i won because i had custody for so long.

Fueledbyjava

Well that is encouraging and discouraging! I guess I will just have to do my best, tell the truth and show her that I am a better suited parent for our child.

Davy

I do not have experience with a court appointed GAL.  IMHO the court will appoint a GAL PROBABLY to justify the court's bias and prejudices.
I strongly recommend obtaining the services of at least one unbiased and qualified third party for evaluation ... if the opposition wants their evaluation they can pay for it.  It provides you with more ammunition and helps keep the process more fair and balanced. When the system knows others are looking on they are less likely to ramrod a child willy nilly.

(I had an attorney and child psychologist from outside the county that was known to the community.  There was no way in hell that court was going to make a custody decision; ie judge was recused, Federal court ordered state court to stop and never ever have anything do to with my children).

More importantly, there were many ladies / mothers that came forth voluntarily on behalf of my children (not me) in two separate states.
It is usually just the lying manulative feminist bitches and ladies with government jobs that are the problems.  Children pay dearly for it.      

Fueledbyjava

That is a good idea.

Kent

GAL's are generally attorneys with no psychological education or qualifiaction whatsoever.
Ask for a custody evaluation by a psychologist, and ask to choose the psychologist. And then make sure you find a good one. It will cost anywhere from $ 3,000.00 to $ 6,000.00, but ask the cost to be split. It is well worth it.

The first GAL in my case wanted to take my son out of my stable home and give him to his mother who was an admitted stripper turned prostitute who took our son with her to the homes of her customers, and who he repeatedly caught lying. (I suspect she paid him with more than just money).
I insisted on a custody eval, and suddenly the recommendation turned around 100%.

Kent!

Fueledbyjava

I'm going to wait until after my interview and then go from there, I will ask for an eval if I feel like I am being discriminated against solely because I am a man. I have a large amount of evidence as to why I should be the primary caretaker of my daughter, plus witnesses etc., you get the picture. But the GAL is a woman as is the judge and sad to say but I do look at the situation as being a loss going in due to that. It is hard because I fell like I have to go above and beyond just to even have a chance, seems all she has to do is show up and have a cup of coffee. I just have to keep fighting for her.