Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 06:41:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

I still can't believe it....

Started by Kent, Jul 20, 2008, 03:33:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kent

A couple with 2 kids divorces. They write their own custody order, which specifically spells out that the 2 children will live with their mother and that their father will pay child support. Should the children come to live with their father, then child support is automatically turned around and the mother will pay child support.

Well, within 2 months the mother kicks the kids to the curb, and they come and live with dad. Dad has them enrolled in school untul they're out of high school, is listed as primary on all school and medical documents, but mom doesn't pay child support.

Fast forward in time....

The kids are now 30 and 32 years old. Mom sues for back child support and asks for $ 50,000.00

Dad refuses to pay, and it goes to court. The judge (Coweta County, GA) refuses to take the custody order into evidence, only listens to what the mom says, and orders dad to pay $ 180,000.00 in back child support.

And no, I'm not trying to pull a fast one on you guys. This actually happened last Friday in Coweta County, GA to a friend of my wife.

I still can't believe it.

Kent!

Kitty C.

I hope this guy is appealing!  For the judge to NOT allow the custody order in to evidence appears way out of line to me!

Kent..........let us know if you hear anything more on this, would you?
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

Kent

Yes, they will appeal.

And then to think that this judge was appointed to be on the Georgia State Child Support Advisory Board a few years ago.

Kent!

wendl

That is just horrible.  I am sorry your wifes friends are going thru that.

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**