Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 24, 2024, 05:42:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Dilemma

Started by stepmom23, Jul 13, 2008, 07:04:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MixedBag

dsm

Good to see you!

Hope all is well!!

==============================================================================

dsm - 37; DH - 41; SD - 18; LO - 12; BB - 5
------------------
It's time for me to do for me and mine.  The others can worry about themselves for awhile.
dsm - 44
DH - 48
SD - 26
LO - 19
BB - 12
1 demon who provides cheap entertainment of the fluffy and furry kind.

My mantra - it's time for me to do for me and mine so we can live in the present and not fret about the past nor worry about the future.  What is, is

Ref

but I only have a couple minutes of my lunch hour left and didn't get a chance to read all the other reponses.

My SD has lived in the same environment and your SSs. SWAT teams breaking down the doors in the apartment next door. So many sex offenders in her neighborhood that it looks like a pervert block party....

She lives in Pensacola, Fl, and we have been battling for over 14 years with his ex. I think I know almost as much as DH's lawyer about Florida Family Law (although I LOVE Dh's lawyer).

We thought the same way. Why should children be forced to live with BM when she choses to live in such a dangerous environment. The way DH's attorney put it, if they wouldn't take a child away from a still-married couple who live that way, the judge is unlikely to take the child away (change custody) in a divorce situation. It is terrible for our situation and yours, but I guess I can see the reasoning.

I don't think there is much you can do about the living conditions (location). There may be something you can do with the school. Get your hands on the school manual or talk to the guidance counselor at the school about truancy. If your SSs are truant, they will hold the parent responsible and there will be record of the mom being warned not to let it happen. Now, technically you (DH) could also be blamed for it, but anyone that looks at the case will know that you can't have any control over the scenerio.

Document anythign you can. Take pictures of your kid's feet with the burns. Take the kids to a dr so they can put it in their records. If they think there is abuse, they will have to report the parents (you as well) to the authorities.

Anyway, I have to go but I just wanted to let you know that you aren't alone as sad as that is.

Take care,
Ref

MixedBag

sent a PM with my opinion a few days ago.

Everything is going really fine....

And just got written confirmation of something I suspected years ago without even digging or asking for it.

Kinda strange how life happens.

How's school???  done yet?