Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 20, 2024, 12:32:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

upcoming hearing

Started by ms84702, Jan 19, 2004, 12:33:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ms84702

Typical story, divorce final October 2001, ex would not follow terms of decree (joint managing conservatorship). We went to mediation last year, and we agreed to psych evaluations and directive counselling. I complied, she chose to ignore the agreement again. So far, the court has refused to impose sanctions, but now she has files for primary and wants child support. We still have 50/50 visitation. Does anyone know what I can expect at  the hearing? I have a lawyer, but he hasn't given me any real info.

Peanutsdad

If your attrny isnt tellin you whats goin on with her filing for cs and primary,, dump his ass now and get one thats hungry.

Post the state and I bet someone here can come up with a few names/numbers of good attrnys.

What your attrny SHOULD be doing is compiling a case of contempt on your ex to quash her motions.

nosonew

Suggest you look for a very aggressive, assertive family law attorney.  Will be worth all the money you spend!  I agree, dump the guy you've got, and get someone who has YOUR best interest in mind!  Don't dilly-dally either, DO IT FIRST THING TUES AM! Take off work if needed, but go get one, NOW!  Sounds like you have a good case IIIIFFFFF you have a good attorney!

joni

I wish we did.  It seemed too emotionally taxing and expensive to have to start from square one with a new one...so we didn't.  

And you know what?  You end up paying twice as much to hire the one after the divorce to fix the mistakes that your first one made.

And good luck trying to get a judge to overturn to what you agreed upon in your divorce...no matter how good your evidence or your documentation.

Lesson learned, do it right the first time.  It's like the old carpenter saying, "Measure twice, cut once."