Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 11:30:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Very strange reply from Claire's

Started by joni, Jan 20, 2004, 07:52:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joni

I'm sure everyone's getting this reply from Claire's.  See the bottom of this message.

What's up with it?  

My feeling is that they're testing the validity of the emails.  It's easy to produce mass emails from bogus email addresses.  Claire's probably can't believe the response that this merchandise generated.

Considering that Macy's and Universal pulled immediately and we've not heard a thing regarding Claire's pulling this merchandise makes me think that they're not going to pull it.

Also something very curious, this is the first email that had the confidentiality disclosure.  Also curious is the 847 area code, which is a Chicago suburb.....within driving distance for me.  So Claire's seems to have some sort of headquarters in Chicago, at least for their accessory line, so if anyone SPARC members in the Chicago area want to have a meeting, I'd be willing to have a sit down with these people.  

Claire's Accessories
2400 W Central Rd
Hoffman Estates, IL 60195
(847) 765-1100

Hello!
Thank-you for your e-mail inquiry.  Please forward your mailing address
(and full name) so that we can appropriately respond to you.

Thank-you,
Katie Michaels
Director of Consumer Affairs
Claire's Stores, Inc.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
The information in this e-mail may be confidential or privileged.  It is
intended only for the addressee and access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorized.  If you are not the intended recipient of the information in this e-mail, then you are prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using the contents of this message.  All personal messages express views solely of the sender, which are not to be attributed to Claire's Stores, Inc., or any of its affiliates or subsidiaries, and may not be copied or distributed without this disclaimer.  If you received this message in error, please notify us immediately at [email protected] or (847)765-1100.  

MYSONSDAD

I got the same reply. I find it insulting. Why should we need to give them our personal information? If they are receiving e-mails, that should be enough.

Common sense says it loud and clear, THIS IS WRONG!

I am losing a lot of respect for this store.

I may send their customerservice @clair's.com to all my family and friends. They might not enjoy a major boycott if everyone works together.

total bull sh*t!

forthekids24

Dear Katie,
While I can appreciate your attempt to obtain my
address,I would prefer not to send that information to
you.  I get enough junk mail at home and do not want
to end up with even more by being placed on your
mailing list.

I hope that Claire's has listened to the consumers and
is pulling ALL of the offensive David & Goliath
products out of the stores.

My Sons and Daughters were quite upset at the
merchandise being sold in your stores.  As I said
before my Daughters love to shop at Claire's, but will
not until those horrid products are removed.

You are more than welcome to contact me via e-mail.

No Way in He** that I am sending them my personal information so they can use how they see fit.

StPaulieGirl

It sure is a different response than the ones sent by Bon Macy's and Tilly's.  I think you're right about their intentions not to pull the merchandise.

It might prove interesting to find out who the investors or board of directors are for this company.  For instance, what else are they into?  

Davy

//www.clairestores.com  graciously makes the following statement  :

"One of the core values of Claire's is that all associates should work in an environment that is free from discrimination and harrassment.  We encourage our associates to treat each other, as well as our customers, with dignity and respect".

I guess management is circling the wagons to demonstrate they are exempt from their own propaganda.