Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 12:38:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

No good deed goes unpunished

Started by Peanutsdad, Nov 25, 2003, 12:32:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peanutsdad

Most of you probably remember my rather uncomfortable moral dilema about my ex.

Well, I offered to help her prepare motions to mod cs due to her losing her job.

Now she has decided to wage a campaign against my SO, kiddosmom.

PB has called my home in the middle of the night, knowing that my other children have school the next day, she has called me at work to rant and rave against my SO, at which point, I hung up on her.

Ok, perhaps Im just dense,, but do you deliberately piss off people that are TRYING to help you??? Does this make ANY sense to anyone here?

Im about convinced that I should leave her to swing on her own gallows, and go about my business raising my family.

mudbunnies

knowing how you feel about doing the right thing, i think mom should be left to her own devices if this is how she is acting.

besides how can you talk or negotiate if she is interfering in your life as u described.

let her be, if she calms down and comes to you then deal with it, for now, let her swing, she might need the reality check.

MKx2

Well PD ... as you well realize you ARE dealing with someone whose view of life is warped with regard to common sense, decency, and the inability to recognize "reality" as defined by the masses.

Ya know what?  You have spent angonizing hours in making a decision to HELP her; your intention in this decision making was not to deny her parental rights, but to help her with them.  You've done the morally right things and taken the higher road.

It would appear now that you have another moral dilemma.  You, like the majority of us, want peanut to have mom involved in her life because it is the right thing.  Now mom is lookin' that fine quarter horse in the mouth and yelling "It's a NAG!"  She's doing everything she can to thwart you in your attempts to help her.

Accountability and responsibility.  That is PB's charge -- you can't make her either of those.

Let her hang in the gallows.

Listen to Gran'dad ... seems to me he had pretty good advice for you.

Brent

>Ok, perhaps Im just dense,, but do you deliberately piss off
>people that are TRYING to help you??? Does this make ANY sense
>to anyone here?

She sounds like someone who thrives on conflict and can't live without it in her life.

>Im about convinced that I should leave her to swing on her own
>gallows, and go about my business raising my family.

I think that is exactly what you should do, because no matter how you help her, it will be held against you in one way or another. The more you help her, the worse you'll pay for it. I guarantee it..

Indigo Mom

How the hell am I gonna flirt with you when....SHE'S here?  LOL...just kidding, kiddosmom.

Your ex makes no sense to me.  Prolly high or something cause who the hell stays up all hours of the night making bogus calls?  What a whack job.

You might want to consider letting her to "swing on her own gallows".  Stick with what you do best...raisin' peanut!  Cause that little munchkin is what matters!

Peanutsdad

This afternoon, I ended up filin a phone harrassment complaint. I also got call blocking activated on my phone, and sent her an email stating her number and emaill addy would be blocked for the next 2 days until she settles down.

Hard to remember when you are up to your butt in alligators,, that when you got into the predicament, your objective was to drain the swamp. Feels like I know exactly what that means now.

I spoke with my attrny, so alls good on that front, we'll simply let her hang and dangle,,, afterall, she weaved the rope , made the noose, and slipped it over her head, despite others trying to help her.

MKx2

Good job PD ... hope all remains "reasonably" calm.

Happy Turkey Day to you and yours!

Indigo Mom

-----Hard to remember when you are up to your butt in alligators,, that when you got into the predicament, your objective was to drain the swamp. Feels like I know exactly what that means now.-----

Ya dude...rock on with that whole alligator thing.  That's exactly what I was gonna say!!!!!  Howdgoo know that???

:+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+