Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 01:19:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Daughter has moved with children please advise

Started by Gram Cracker, Nov 23, 2003, 05:48:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FatherTime

Well it could be forwarded.  The mother of my daughter concealed my daughter from me and still collected by having someone forward it to her.  She could have just forwarded her mail.  

She can't just move away and not let him know where she is and still collect child support...OH WAIT .... SHE CAN.

I doubt that the court would allow the move away without notifying the father, he would have been summoned to court.  In the custody papers, there should be a clause that refers to the move away issue.

I'd make sure.  Because if you knew where she was then you might be held to a criminal offense as well as the mother and your husband(who thinks it's ok to allow the concealment of a child from a parent).  Even though your intentions are sincere.  

Gram Cracker

She if fact gave the courts her address, and receives child support.  Now it may be possible that the children's father is not aware that he can get this information from court docs.  But this part I know is true, she told him as well as me before she ever left, that she was going to have her support payments sent to Atlanta, via the courts.

Also my husband, is not in agreement that she should conceal any contact information from the childrens father. As much as he loves her, he even finds her behavior to be egregious.  He just does not agree that I should be butting in, to the extent that I am doing so.  And he is right.

Yet I find her behavior to objectional to overlook.

FatherTime

She must have given her current address only to the child support office.  If she had gone to the family law court then he would have been given notice of the intention to move.  

He could request information from the office of child support and wait thirty days.  He can then receive her current address if they contact her and find no reason to deny contact through the department of child support, such as child abuse or physical abuse.  

The difference is if the family law court had made any decision about the move...she would have had to let him know of the physical address of the children, dept of child support doesn't have to give him notice(and also not legal permission to move).  Since he feels that his rights have been violated, I assume that she has only contacted the child support division.  

If he was smart he would get online and learn fast.  He should come here and get some good advice.  But maybe he is too busy with his other kids.  No comment about the rest of his situation.  I'd say that he is more of a player than he is smart.  

wendl

Grahm,

Just because she gets support doesnt mean she will tell the courts, if she has her cs direct deposited then she may not even tell the cs office, and if she does inform the cs office of new address the cs office doesnt inform the courts.