Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 12:05:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Rap Mogul's ex asks for increase to $30K/month child support

Started by VeronicaGia, Jan 21, 2004, 11:00:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VeronicaGia

Rap mogul's former wife seeks more child support
By DESIREE GRAND
THE JOURNAL NEWS
(Original publication: January 21, 2004)

NEW ROCHELLE — The ex-wife of Sean "P. Diddy" Combs is claiming she needs more child support for their 10-year-old son and has taken the rap impresario to court to get it.

Yesterday marked the first day of testimony in an effort by Misa Hylton-Brim to secure $30,000 more per month in child-support payments. Hylton-Brim, a fashion stylist for hip-hop artists such as Lil' Kim and Mary J. Blige, said the $5,000 per month she receives now is not sufficient.

Hylton-Brim testified along with real estate agents and accountants in Family Court in New Rochelle.

Combs, who spent most of his childhood in Mount Vernon, did not attend the proceedings.

Brett Kimmel, Hylton-Brim's attorney, said she needs the increase to keep up with her son's expenses, which include private school, a full-time nanny and round-the-clock security.

"The law states that the only way to determine the child's reasonable needs is by understanding the resources of the parties involved," Kimmel said. "This child's needs specifically relate to his father being who he is."

Combs' attorney, Peter Galasso, couldn't be reached yesterday for comment.

"I want to be able to provide everything my child needs," said Hylton-Brim, who has sole custody of her son, though Combs has liberal visitation rights.

Kimmel said Combs has not been forthcoming in providing financial information, despite a high-profile and extravagant lifestyle, and now pays about $30,000 a month for the support of his younger son, whose mother is model Kim Porter.

The trial will resume Feb. 6 because of a crowded court schedule, Kimmel said. Kimmel is an attorney in the firm headed by celebrity divorce lawyer Raoul Felder, who is representing David Guest in his divorce proceedings against Liza Minnelli.

In 2002, Combs was named in Fortune magazine's list of 40 richest people under age 40 and is known for hosting exclusive parties in the Hamptons for his celebrity friends.

But he also has a giving side. In November, he raised $2 million for New York City public schools by running in the New York City Marathon.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

**Is this insane or what?  How do us humble people live on less than that PER YEAR??  The insanity needs to stop.

joni

This is insanity, no doubt about it.  

I know this is not the point....but I had a side thought.....

Sean Combs makes like $50 million a year between singing, producing and his clothing line.  How does he get off so cheap at $5000/month?

That's like .1% of his earnings. But it's not fair to the rest of the working stiffs like us who pay upwards of 25% in child support.

norma

THIS IS EXTORTION MONEY!!
Women in this country are being taught to "hook" men in this way and be set for life. Sean Combs may be at the extreme end of the income scale but COME OFF IT!! This is glorified alimony. This is utterly ridiculous. Who the hell needs $30,000 a year to support a kid? Does this woman work? What is happening here?
It is a good racket for a woman to marry a man who is well off, get pregnant, leave him and move on to the next guy (who is well off). This way, the woman can support a nice lifestyle without working!

BY THE WAY,
I'm a woman myself. But I'm a self-respecting one who's out to see that some equal rights are instituted in this madness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!