Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 16, 2024, 10:10:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter

Started by tulip, Dec 02, 2003, 06:48:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tulip

BM called dh today and told him she wants to go to week to week schedule right away and wants him to take the kids next week. She is changing the busses back tomorrow. It seems her new bf who she is "probably going to marry" is being shipped to Iraq for a year and next week is the last time she will be able to spend with him. Whatever--that's none of my bus, but when dh asked if that was okay with me, I said heck yeah! This is what he wants (kind of) and what the kids want, so if the bus issue is solved there is no reason not to. We are still planning for court next week, but this makes it even better. If this is already the arrangement and she has agreed to it, there is no reason for the judge not to order it. Even better, she might just think everything is all solved and not show up for court at all.
So that was great news, but then when dh stopped there to talk to the kids (the phone is disconnected, so he can't call their house.) she told him she is taking the kids to AK for Xmas. He has been over this with her before and told her she can't. The other day she said she can't get the tickets anyway, now her mom wants to buy the tickets for her. Sorry it's not up to Grandma where the kids go for Xmas, that's what I told dh. If it were up to Grandma, his mom would not let them go because she wants to see them too. These people new they were leaving their family behind when they moved up there (and it was after the dh and bm separated) so if they want to see their grandkids so bad on Xmas they should come here. Otherwise, they can go the day after Xmas and stay for a week. I hope this issue doesn't wreck everything else.

nosonew

I wouldn't worry about it.  Stick with the current court order, period.  If BM decides she doesn't want the kids for a week, dad takes them.  Get IT IN WRITING that she decided this so she doesn't come back and bite you in the butt stating you wouldn't give them back.  KEEP EVERYTHING in writing!  It may seem all cordial now, but just wait.  Good luck!