Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 20, 2024, 04:20:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The shoe is FINALLY on the other foot!!!!!

Started by madstepmom, Dec 07, 2003, 08:21:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madstepmom

My SD has come to live with us, after about 6 yr battle with her trying to live w/us.  Anyway, BM finally did it, and is actually talking to me!  UNEBLIEVABLE>>>anyway, she has basically unloaded on me about things I have done to make her mad, and I just listened.  She is being kinda nice, for her.  One thing she stated was that she would TRY and send some money out of the CS she receives for her some clothes.  First off, I could just tell the Attorney General SD is here, and they would prob just required DH to send 1/2 of what he sends, but I am afraid to do that, because BM will prob get mad and freak out and come get SD.  I don't want that to happen.  How do I keep SD here and get BM to understand that now that she is here, he should only have to pay back CS, and actually she would be required to pay CS, so he shouldn't have to pay nothing RIGHT????????  HELP...I don't know what to do, and I don't want to ruin anything!!!!  WORRIED!!!

Indigo Mom

You're in the same situation I was in when my son "unofficially" lived with me.

I have to say, get ready baby, cause at ANY time the mother can come take the child.  

You really do need to get this legalized.  Is she willing to sign a sworn statement in front of a notary?  

I'm now worried that you and hub will go through the hell I did...cause whenever monster "felt" like it, the cops would be at my door removing my lil dude.

How long has it been since she moved in with you?  Has she started school in your district?  How far away does the mom live?

Methinks mommy has her cake and is now eating it, too.  Isn't taking care of the child, but still collecting child support?  Nice...really fricken nice.

Jasmine

At least you only have to deal with this for one more year. Unless your states age is 19 like mine. Hope for your sanity its 18.

tulip

You need to get the custody legally changed. I would start by presenting her with an agreement, try to get her to sign it (notorized of course) and file it with the court yourself. Do not address the child support issue in it. Then, once you get a judge to order custody change, ask for cs to be reviewed. If she will not sign order, then you'll have to take her to court to get the custody changed based on the fact that sd has been "integrated into your home" and is living in your home with her consent. Be sure to document everything in case she comes back and says that she did not consent to this.

cyberhound

Definately file for custody with the court.  If you do not, the BM can always come back and will if your husband only pays half of his support.  I have filed my own motion as my child's BM is now in prison.  It is ridiculous for me to have to hire an attorney when there is no opposition, so I am doing it myself.  I  have a pretty good understand of the law, and I used the motions that were filed by the state for child support as a template to draw up my own motion for a change in custody.  good luck to you and your husband