Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 23, 2024, 08:00:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Court went well today.

Started by tulip, Dec 10, 2003, 02:50:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tulip

BM told the judge that she has no problem giving dh joint physical custody, so the judge said good, then that's how it will be. Our atty is to draft the order in the next few days, and have the judge sign it. They still have mediation scheduled next week to work out all the kinks. This is HUGE for us!

The hardest thing was holding back from bringing up all the wacked-out stuff bm has done. DH had to convince the judge that he believes they can work together on this and respect each other and get along. Now, if they can't get along, and end up back in court, there will be no joint custody. Listening the cases before ours was very encouraging, knowing that dh will always have the same judge if they go back. We watched her award sole physical custody to a man because his soon to be ex wife was messing with his visitation. We also heard her tell a couple that were requesting joint physical custody that both parties must be commited to keeping the kids in the same school.

BM also requested that she be allowed to take the kids to Alaska for Xmas, and the judge told her (just as dh had) that she could do that after Xmas. They have a lot of tradition here in MN, and they can work out their future holiday schedule in mediation.

Now we have to figure out how to pay our atty, but I think my dh will be smiling when he writes the check this time, because he has finally seen that this whole thing did him and his kids some good.

Peanutsdad

wooooHOOOOO!!!

Congrats you guys!!!!!

I know your DH will definately be smiling writin THAT check ;)

MKx2

SO glad to hear of such a wonderful decision by your judge!

Money well spent (although hard to come by, I understand).

Can't think of anything else to say, 'cept if you could see me sitting here with a big ol' smile on my face ... as the saying goes, a picture says a thousand words.

So happy for all of you!

Indigo Mom

Great news!  I'm so glad to hear you're in front of a "no nonsense" kinda judge.  

Things are looking up, eh?  Happy dance time!!!!