Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 02:27:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Summer Visitation

Started by mamadi, Dec 22, 2003, 04:43:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Indigo Mom

that there wasn't a cherried out H2 in my driveway Christmas morning.  Were you planning for NEXT Christmas?  

;)

MKx2

I TOTALLY agree with the other posters who said QUIT BELLY-ACHIN'!!!

YOU and your DH have the kids almost ALL year.  Yeah, so you don't take a vacation each and every year ... your point would be, what?  Since when is a family vacation every single summer a God-given right?

Sorry for coming off harshly like this, but Good God Gert!  You have custody, you get to do all the school stuff, sports, etc. and trust me, THESE are things that build memories too!

And one poster (Dumbo, I think, and if I named you incorrectly I apologize) mentioned the CS issue during the extended visitation ... we had my 3 steps for three years and still paid full CS!  (Long story on that one, it was our own fault, but I speak from the voice of experience with paying CS and caring for the kids.)

And if you're whining about how damned expensive they start to get when they get older, perhaps you weren't thinking when you had however many you had.  Kids ARE a huge financial cost.  No two ways around that one.  In DH's case the court took into consideration that he had them 3 weekends out of 4 and extended visits during the summer when the CS was set ... at a mere $1k + per month.

Done with my grinchy rant.

nosonew

I would suggest that you ask the ncp for 15 days every two years either at the beginning of summer or end of summer, so that you may take a vacation where all of your family members can attend.  

Get it in writing, and if you don't go on vacation, child goes to ncp.  If you do go, let ncp know dates exactly at least 60 days in advance so that he/she can plan their summer as well.  Make sure it doesn't interfere with something they already have planned.  Good luck

*Oh, and you could even maybe "trade" a spring break from one of your years for the extra summer time, just to be a good joe about it.

tryn2begooddad

Indy,

I apologize I did mean NEXT Christmas, after all I had a ton of Iquest and Leappad stuff to buy ;)..hope your Christmas was a good one though (even without the H2)...