Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 02:22:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Mother has legal custody - update

Started by Tennessee Dad, Jan 07, 2004, 10:34:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tennessee Dad

We received a surprise phone call last night from BM's other ex, the father of her other child. He is ready to go fight now; hubby told him we were still trying to work it out, but don't how much more we can take. Hubby asked other father if he would be willing to talk to our attorney. He said he would. BTW, he says the grandmother's house they are moving in is still nasty; and BM has told him they are moving to other grandparents house.

We know from his own admission that he behind on his child support; do we really want him involved in our case, or does he spell trouble?

We have forwarded copies of our journal to our attorney; she was out of town, and hasn't gotten back with us yet. Also, hubby called his daughter yesterday afternoon, and she was upset and didn't want to do her homework. I talked to her on the phone and told her to settle down, she could do it ok. I also told her to call me back if she got stuck, and I would give her a hint. BM then called hubby back and told him to tell me they didn't need my help. So, I guess I am out of BM's good graces. LOL

Tennessee Dad

Also, BM admitted she was "monitoring" our phone conversation with daughter yesterday.  Is that considered "unimpeded" telephone call?  Just asking.  

Indigo Mom

Is this "other ex" from before your time...or after?  If he was around after you, then he could be a GREAT alibi!  He'd know just how often the child was with you!

-----We know from his own admission that he behind on his child support; do we really want him involved in our case, or does he spell trouble? -----

If he wants to help you BECAUSE of his concern for the child...then go for it.  If he wants to help you to get "revenge" on the ex...I'd say no.

Indigo Mom

Tennessee Dad

The other ex is prior, and after; their son is 8.  He is the one BM moved in with when she left husband while pregnant with daughter.  But, he kicked her out when daughter was still a baby, so he can't help much there.  Their relationship has been on again, off again for years; that is one reason we don't know whether to trust him or not.  But this time I really feel he has had it with her too.  

His reasoning for being helpful to us would be to help his own case.  He would like to go the custody of his son, too; but is afraid of the fall-out just like we are.  I guess time will tell.

nosonew

Well, at least let him talk to your attorney.  Your attorney can decide if he is going to hurt or help your case.  

Regarding the phone thing, THAT IS NOT< I REPEAT< NOT OKAY!  That is the same as recording, and I would keep a record of it.  How do you know she listened in?  Do you tape all calls with bm?  If not, I would consider it if you live in a state it is legal in.  

Good luck!

Tennessee Dad

Thanks regarding phone call; I thought that was the way it should be.  I know she was listening because she called back immediately after I hung up and admitted it.  And it all went in the journal; I have pages and pages of notes for the attorney.  

Thanks for you input!

Tennessee Dad

We received a surprise phone call last night from BM's other ex, the father of her other child. He is ready to go fight now; hubby told him we were still trying to work it out, but don't how much more we can take. Hubby asked other father if he would be willing to talk to our attorney. He said he would. BTW, he says the grandmother's house they are moving in is still nasty; and BM has told him they are moving to other grandparents house.

We know from his own admission that he behind on his child support; do we really want him involved in our case, or does he spell trouble?

We have forwarded copies of our journal to our attorney; she was out of town, and hasn't gotten back with us yet. Also, hubby called his daughter yesterday afternoon, and she was upset and didn't want to do her homework. I talked to her on the phone and told her to settle down, she could do it ok. I also told her to call me back if she got stuck, and I would give her a hint. BM then called hubby back and told him to tell me they didn't need my help. So, I guess I am out of BM's good graces. LOL

Tennessee Dad

Also, BM admitted she was "monitoring" our phone conversation with daughter yesterday.  Is that considered "unimpeded" telephone call?  Just asking.  

Indigo Mom

Is this "other ex" from before your time...or after?  If he was around after you, then he could be a GREAT alibi!  He'd know just how often the child was with you!

-----We know from his own admission that he behind on his child support; do we really want him involved in our case, or does he spell trouble? -----

If he wants to help you BECAUSE of his concern for the child...then go for it.  If he wants to help you to get "revenge" on the ex...I'd say no.