Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 06:11:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Single Father Desparately Needs HELP!!!!

Started by 4sprmNcashOnly, Jan 13, 2004, 01:58:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4sprmNcashOnly

I have 50% leagal custody and 4hrs p/wk visitation on paper. As long as I continue to pay and make myself available 24/7, I was allowed to have him w/ me anytime unless she decided otherwise. Holidays I would have to wait by the phone in case she called and said be ready in an hour. I've been forced to quit 5 jobs over the past 7 years, because my work conflicted with her plans. One time I said no to her, I didn't see my son for 3 months. There have been a few other times with varying lengths of severed contact. She has assured me that if I tried to change anything in court, she would accuse me of child abuse and inforce a supervised visitation order. I have been active in his school, volunteering in his classroom, since pre-school, she has refused to participate but required that her address be on record as his residence. Before x-mas, she went to his school, dis-enrolled him without my knowledge and moved away. Her latest boyfriend has a house 2 1/2 hrs away and that's where they are. The school where I volunteered, barely knew her yet never informed me of her intentions because she was the mother and thought I was aware of the move. I found out when I showed up for class (two days before x-mas break) and was asked if my son would be moving away before or after the holidays. I was devastated and felt there was no where I could go for help. I was preparing to go back to court soon, expecting the school's support since I've been active in his school including holding an elected position on an important parent/teacher committee. I was finally able to see my little boy this weekend for a 1 night sleepover. He is devastated and wants to come home. He has been having nightmares that he is lost and can't find me or when he does, I don't care about him anymore. I have heard her tell him over the phone that I didn't love him or care about him when I've been unable to accomodate her demands. He begged me not to make him go back there. He was inconsolable and confused. I don't know when I will see him again but was told when she contacts me that I would have to be ready to drive to her since her boyfriend doesn't want her to drive so far. He is a police officer and knows only what she tells him and what is in the court orders. He is under the impression that I may be a danger to her and/or my son. I need help.

Brent

You say you need help but you didn't ask any questions, so I'm at a loss to suggest anything.

Also, your signature:

>Holden U Ratenshun

Is this troll-speak for "Holding your attention"? Just wondering.

4sprmNcashOnly

My question is what can I do?

Yes to the Holding your attention. But I never heard the term "troll speak"

Brent

>My question is what can I do?

Well, what is it you want to do? Change custody? Make the BF stay away? Get the child into therapy? What is it that you'd like to see happen?

Peanutsdad

In order for anyone to offer you any advice,, you 1st must make it clear what it is you want.

Evidently, you were willing to live with the existing court order and did so for an extended period, thus, precedent has already been set.

If you are looking to overturn custody, or force a move closer, yuo my dear sir, are pretty much out of luck. ( Thats just a basic opinion based on what you have written).