Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 07:34:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

stk answer

Started by billk, Jan 29, 2004, 03:14:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billk

stk_agn,

The situation you mentioned last night in chat really boils down to 2 seperate issues:

1. A claim of frequent child abuse; both physical and emotional, which are criminal acts in any state. Of course the physical is typically easier to prove than the emotional. THAT ISSUE NEEDS TO BE DEALT WITH IMMEDIATELY, and without hesitation.

2. As for your issue with finding an attorney, the following organizations are available to assist you:

Access to Justice Foundation
46 Old Vine Street, Suite 203
Lexington, KY.
Phone (859) 255-9913

Lawyer Care Volunteer Attorney Program
520 E. Main St.
Bowling Green, KY. 42102
Phone (800) 782-1924 or (270) 782-1924
Contact; Gayle Faulkner

An allegation of child abuse does require proof or substantiation and can include interviews with the child by the authorities, due to the severity of the allegation and associated penalties for the accused should they be found guilty. It would be best if you had something written down regarding a timeline for "when" the abuse took place, where, and other key factors prior to making your call for assistance. Your attorney will be able to tell you if an ex-parte motion can be filed regarding this case, and give you insight as to "how" the process needs to be completed. I am still expecting some calls back this morning from the Lexington area, and will advise you if I am provided with specific additional contacts that may be able to assist you.  

billk

stk_agn

billk,

Thank you for the information. I will check into it and see what I can do.

I called attorney this morning and am waiting on a reply. We are trying to arrange for son to talk to judge, although in KY the child has to be 14 now before a judge will even consider talking to child.

Hopefully my attorney will give me some good news this afternoon.

I will reply back once I find out something.
Again, thank you for your help.

stk