Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 20, 2024, 01:39:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Son needs help

Started by geebee, Feb 17, 2004, 04:01:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

geebee

Thank you that what I thought, I cant pick up grandson he is 5 states away! :(

I appreciate your help.

msme

Here's a thought. If your son can find 2 trusted friends to help, he might stand a chance of seeing his child.  

First have him download the letter of intent to exercise visitation from this site. Include in the letter the fact that in respect of the RO, the child will be picked up by XXXX & he will be waiting beyond the RO limit. (Most are for 300 feet) Send it certified, return receipt, & mail a copy to himself.

Then do it. Make sure his friend has an accomplice who will video tape the encounter. Give them a copy of the CO & the letter of intent. Also call the local police & ask for an officer for a peace keeping presence.

She may be intimidated into letting him go. If not, the worst that can happen is that she refuses & you will have great evidence of her parental interference. Remember, if she doesn't let him go, then repeat it next week & the next. It can only make her look bad.

Something elese he might check out. When I was getting divorced, my ex had some serious mental health issues. There were no kids involved & it was supposed to be very simple. Then the clinic where he went got their social worker involved & they went out & hired him a lawyer & paid for it. That was in NJ. I don't know If PA has any programs like that but it is worth looking.

Good luck & God bless

You never get a second chance to make a first impression!

geebee

Thank you for both suggestions!!!!!

I will bring to his attention what you have said here.....Hopefully he will be able to respond what he thinks in a day or 2.