Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 10:57:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

custody for teen father

Started by cuppa7, Feb 20, 2004, 01:59:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cuppa7

Thanks and I understand what you are saying. Yes, it's sad, but true about parents trying to ignore their custody order. I have seen that happen and it's so miserable for their children. One issue I've seen recently is a mother refusing to allow the child to go with their father on a scheduled visitation day because after 4 years of being divorced the father is getting ready to remarry. And I've seen mothers who  have visitation with their child not show up for the visit too, ( I have temporarily stopped speaking to this person because of that, it's an ongoing issue).  Even though though the hearing officer presiding over my son's custody hearing warned both my son and his daughter's mother that violation of the order is considered contempt of court, that does not guarantee it won't happen. We all hope to keep communication open with his daughter's mother, I was very close to her at one time and I am hoping to at least resume talking with her on a regular basis. She seems very comfortable with our family, but her mother does not want her to become close with us again and has said so. We will all have to work through that, one day at a time. I will keep your suggestion in mind though and thank you.