Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 03:21:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

I have 50/50 joint custody-she wants change of custody.

Started by rommel, Mar 15, 2004, 05:52:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rommel

I have been divorced for 2 1/2years. My ex-wife and I agreed to 50/50 Joint Custody. I would have the children from friday afternoons until Monday mornings and she will have the children from Monday morning until Friday afternoons. For 2 1/2years everything seems to be fine. On Aug., 2003, my daughter reported to my sister and she reported it to me that my daughter has been touched inappropriately by my ex-wife's father. After really thinking it over, I made a police report and it started an investigation. Later, the charges where unfounded, meaning no case. In Dec. of 2003, I received a promotion. I notified my ex-wife that my hours are going to change temporarily. She seemed to be cooperative. On Feb. 28th, 2004, I received a "Notice for Hearing" for change of custody. I was to report to the court on Mar. 9th, 2004. I read the allegations which briefly stated as follows: 1-My sister put my daughter up to charging her grandfather. 2-I told my bother to approached my ex-wife that I will drop the charges on her father if she will reunite with me. 3-at approx. 8 weeks ago it was "reported" that my ex-wife's fiancee slapped my daughter and put her in her room (I or my relatives were not the callers). 4-I told my daughter not to eat his food or be around him. 5-my schedule (promotion) does not allow me to have quality time with my daughters. All these allegations plus many more were all I had to answer to in court. One of the worst things I did was walk into court without an attorney. My intent was to get an adjournment. However, the judge did not believe that I wanted to get an attorney. To make a long story short. My attorney was not available for March 9th and her attorney did not agree to give me an adjournment. I explained to the judge that I did not have enough time to get another attorney. So, the Judge wanted to hear the case anyway. When I tried to explained to the judge, he seem to not believe in me. He then said that I needed an attorney. Exactly what I was looking for. He then gave me an adjournment and referred the case to mediation. I now got my attorney. MY NEXT COURT DATE IS MAY 18TH, 2004 AT 9:00 AM AT THE CITY COUNTY BUILDING (Detroit, MI), JUDGE LOMBARD ON THE 19TH FLOOR. I need your help. I am going to lose my children. I feel that the judge is going to rule in her favor. I am not an unfit dad. I raised my children since they were born. I have fed them and changed their diapers. I have taken care of the children while my ex-wife was in the University and Pharmacy school (8 years total). She was in school from morning to night. I will work the midnight shift and take care of the children while she was in school. My children are now 10 and 7 years old.