Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 23, 2024, 05:20:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

What can i do?

Started by rkuppa, May 20, 2004, 11:13:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rkuppa

Hi Everyone,

Hi Everyone,

I am really in a big dilemma, since the day my son has been born, I am going and seeing him every 2 weeks.

I live in a different state and was always there during his birth, and also made sure that he gets all the baby stuff from me. Whenever I visit my wife, she always picks up fights with me, and tells me that I have no rights on my son.

To make matters worse her parents keep objecting if I hold my child, it irritates me a lot. It is getting to a point, where I need to know of how deal with this, my wife's company allowed her to work from home, but due to her parents interference she is not ready to come and live with me.

We are still married, she has not thought of divorcing me;

Thanks  

kuppa

Kitty C.

Then you better!  She's leading you around by the nose because she knows she can!  She's a control freak and until you stand up for your rights, and that of your child's, she will continue to walk all over you.

Do a search on this site for 'The List', a fantastic guideline for any father on how to proceed and what to do and NOT to do when thinking of filing for divorce.  Read everything on this site and that you can get your hands on.  Interview attys. and hire a damn good one, one who will work their tail off for you.

You've got a LOT of learning and research to do, you better get busy!
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

tjraid18

I agree with the advice above, but I don't know all the circumstances of the situation. Do think about no matter how much you care for your wife; be carefull about trusting her when it comes to your child. You have to make a decision to trust her to be fair about your involvement with your child, or not trust her. Your heart may tell you to trust her. But just about everybody here will tell you not to because they never get to see their kids --- me included. If you decide to take a stand and go for your parental rights instead of trying to work things out with your wife, you might try reading through some of the posts here. For $50.00 or so you can have a consultation visit with an attorney (look for a good child advocate/father advocate attorney) and they can give you some direction about how to proceed. Nobody here knows better than you how far you can trust your wife. Just be carefull if you want to be a part of your childs life.                                              Good luck!!!

rkuppa

Hi,

The problem is her mental balance, she is always trust's her relatives. I have had many oportunities to look how she helped them financially, and in return they keep advicing her not to be with me.

We are from a different country, and her folks are poor. They are hell bent in breaking our relationship, and it is them who distanced me from her.

I have proof, where she mentioned to them that she is happy with me, and told them not to interfere in our relationship. Now they have completely taken her for a ride.

Since they day my kid was born, she has not spent a single penny on him, it is only me. I did meet a lawyer where i live, he said it is better for me to meet a lawyer in her state.

I am not disputing he care for the child, she takes very good care of him, and he is just 3 months old. But her constant ranting and yelling when i am at her house, makes me unhappy.

thanks