Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 24, 2024, 08:24:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Good Morning America-Want more info!

Started by Dr.Stepmom, Jun 01, 2004, 11:45:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr.Stepmom

Hi all,

I was hoping that someone else here had heard of this and could help out.  My husband got a note this morning from his Mom to let him know about a case of PAS that was going to be discussed on Good Morning America this morning...but we got the note too late and missed the show.

Apparently the case was in New York of twin girls who were taken from their mother(maybe last name of Marks) and given to father due to her alienation.  This was supposed to be a landmark case as it was the first time the court REALLY acknowledged that PAS exists.

We would love more info if anyone has it!

Thanks.

Dr.Stepmom

If anyone is interested...here is more info on the case (the articles seem just a little biased to me).

Perhaps this high profile case will help some of us in similar situations.

http://www.able2know.com/forums/about25808.html

SallyandJack

now - if all the rest of the judges in the US would follow suit...

SLYarnell

http://www.judicialaccountability.org/articles/expertsinchildcustody.htm

SallyandJack

UGHHHHHH - this woman's media campaign is making me sick.

STV

Why is it seen that those children have been so viciously removed from her? Has she not been withholding, for the most part , those girls from him? Just like when a father wants custody it is becuase we don't want to pay child support.

We all love our children. My x is so bitter at me it is not even funny. Everythign is a game. I've got a pretty good custody arrangement, 6 out of 14 days. She has filed for every other weekend and I countered for equal time. So I'm the bastard for not acepting what she wants.

Why is it like this? Why isn't the headline "father gains custody from another twisted mother"? Couldn't any form of not allowing the father to see the kids a form of PAS? I think so.

Peace

nosonew

I read the judge's ruling on why she changed custody on another site, can't find it now! It was mainly based on false allegations of sexual abuse and that apparently a forensic psychologist, gal, and someone else all recommended change in custody.   The mother alledged that since the twins were the product of an affair (father had affair), the bm was not married at the time, he was too immoral to raise them. And stated that since the father rarely saw them (hmmm...wonder why that is???) he didn't care enough...

but the judge saw right through her and felt the father was likely to encourage a relationship with the mother, whereas the mother had already proven she wouldn't encourage a relationship with the father. They did not use the terms PAS as I recall, however, it was obvious that PAS is exactly what was happening here! I believe it was on his attorneys website where I saw the info!