Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 01:01:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Child Abuse - Not Just A Guy Thing

Started by Brent, Jan 30, 2004, 08:10:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Indigo Mom

She did not sit down, with cold calculation, and plan the death of this child.  Her actions were neglect.  If you asked the jury to go after murder 1, this woman would get off quicker than snot on snot.

The only way this woman will end up in jail is to go after involuntary manslaughter...which is what they're doing.

msme

We all know that all she will get is a slap on the wrist & the system will go merrily on it's way believing that moms just don't mean to hurt or kill their kids. "She just needs some help to become a better mom."

You never get a second chance to make a first impression!

Indigo Mom

If you look at the definition of each of these "terms", she only falls under Involuntary Manslaughter.  If she's charged with murder, she'll get let off.  Same with voluntary manslaughter, or manslaughter alone.  

She must be charged with the "correct" charge.  I was commenting on the "involuntary" thing....Do we want her let off on a technicality, or do we want her to serve time?  Rakkasan commented on something, I wanted to clear it up.  

-----We all know that all she will get is a slap on the wrist & the system will go merrily on it's way believing that moms just don't mean to hurt or kill their kids. "She just needs some help to become a better mom."-----

Hopefully not.  But even if she does get slammed with 15 years, the 10 and 5 will run concurrent (i hope I got it right...where they're both served at the same time, meaning 10 years total), she'll probably get out after 4 or 5...BUT...she'll still do time.  And baby killers don't fare too well in prison.  If charged with the wrong "term" because it sounds better, or more "fitting" to the crime, she won't do time at all.  So what she's charged with DOES make a difference.  

I don't think the "system" so much believes moms don't "mean" to hurt or kill their kids...it's up to a jury.  So society is who may believe this.  I certainly don't believe this at all.

StPaulieGirl

Ok, you have a point there.   There is no evidence that she planned the death of her baby with cold calculation.

I understand about charging her with involuntary manslaughter, but I'd like to see her hung from a tree.  Can we bring back hanging???

StPaulieGirl

Maybe it was an extremely late term abortion.  Some asshole over in the UK says it's ok to "terminate" live born infants with defects.  This child's "defect" was having a piece of shit(sorry for the language)for a mother.

CPS is only interested in snatching kids.  Do a Google search on them.  It's unbelievable!  They don't give a rat's rear end about kids, they just want to justify their existence.  I'm sure that young lady wishes that she had called someone.  Poor girl :-(