Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 10:07:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Question for moderator and/or group regarding evals

Started by Dr.Stepmom, Jul 05, 2004, 12:37:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr.Stepmom

I have found a place on this website where one custody evaluation report is reproduced.  It was invaluable in giving me an idea of what to expect for our upcoming eval.  Recently a GAL report was published in this forum.

Would it be possible to ask everyone willing (hopefully with positive and negative outcomes) to submit reports to be posted (perhaps in a separate area of this site)?  It would be great to have all identifying info except the State of case removed.

This would be really helpful in preparing for an eval, deciding how likely you are to win (to plan when to request eval) and giving info and what sorts of info helped the eval go well.

Would love everyone's thoughts as to whether this would be useful.

Thanks!

Forthelittleones

I think that it would be useful - However I would be concerned about privacy and too much idenitifying information coming out.

As for how much to give to the GAL- We did the book, etc to the GAL - Both sided against us - with one saying that both parents were too in to documening the other.

So our second GAL - we did not supply a book - We gave her what she asked for and nothing more - Mom did the book - GAL states that mom cant let go of the past and at this point does not have the best interest of the child. -

Our pretrial is Aug 14 so we will see what happens.  I would think about posting our old GAL report - as well as our homestudy - The other GAL - different kid - is sealed and no one has access to it.

wendl

our GAL report was a joke, if you want to call it a report, in ours she inserted mostly what dh put in his background infromation (word for word) she put nothing really about bm in it. Her so called finidngs were like 1 paragraph long.

Each GAL is different, some truely do their jobs and others don't. Many parents here have had GALS, some good some no so good. Its all a crap shoot.

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**

Lawmoe

The names would have to be redacted for privacy. Many states have laws about republishing such documents.