Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 06:45:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

For any parents that live 1-2 hrs from their child(ren)...please help me....

Started by imajerseygirl, Aug 30, 2004, 11:41:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiresias

Oh boy,
 your story sounds alot like mine. although i do not get along with my ex. and yes, that was one of the hardest and most unselfish (not to mention looked down upon by othersx( ) thing i had ever done was to let my children stay with their father because that was what was best for them at that time.  
  I am never informed of anything and i have to do alot of searching and calling to find any information about my daughter.  
 yes, the drive is long, the traffic sucks and if you travel the turnpike, it can get expensive... But... one thing I NEVER thought of myself and was told of just last week... we (as parents) do the driving maybe every other weekend or so, but the CHILD ALWAYS does the rides back and forth.  that made me think about things a little differently.
  good luck to you and yours... :D

Ladybug3

swilloug

Thank you for the input....but (there is alway a but) I have gotten information on the school website but they do not keep it up to date and never have the assignments posted as it indicates on the site.  For instance when I went on this week the last update was the last day of school in May.  

Come to find out BM father-in-law is friends with the principal at my SS school.  I found this very interesting considering the principal has never contacted us when we have contacted him.  I don't know if either of these elements have anything to do with the other but it seems a bit fishy.