Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 24, 2024, 07:13:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Enrolling in school sponsored activities

Started by mango, Sep 16, 2004, 11:52:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mango

Background:
Ohio, Joint 50/50 custody plan. It is written that child shares residences but mother was designated residental parent for school placement purposes only.

My question is this.

Can the father (with supossed equal rights to parent his child) also enroll his daughter in school-sponsored activities despite the fact that the mother is the "main" parent to the school/district? Or is he at the mercy of the BM to enroll?

Also the enrollment papers ask for the childs address, can he list the fathers or is that petty, and confusing? Even tho she lives in both homes equally.

joni

you can enroll for what you want...on your parenting time.  out of courtesy, I would ask Mom about the enrollment and attendance during her parenting time.

I would make sure I would be on that mailing list for school.  The school admin, in my experience, favors one parent and tends to ignore the other.

MixedBag

CPs enroll the kids and then the NCP feels put out because their time with the kids should be their time to plan.  And worse yet, the CP uses that and says "It's in the child's interest to participate" when it should never be put there BEFORE the child's time with the NCP.

So now the shoe is on the other foot.....ask her and then decide.