Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 16, 2024, 10:50:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Quick legal question regarding terminology in this agreement???

Started by imajerseygirl, Oct 02, 2004, 05:32:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imajerseygirl

"Neither party shall remove the minor child for this jurisdiction without further order of the court and/or agreement byt the parties in writing and signed by each of the parties"

Does that mean I cannot ever take my son out of the jurisdiction, or does that mean actually move my child from this jurisdiction?

I moved out of that jurisdiction and about 2 hours away.  My ex threatens that I am not supposed to take Cody out of the county...

Am I violating the agreement?  I did live in the same town when the agreement was originally signed.

Thank you for any input..I am so sick of being screwed by my ex..it isn't fair!

Cathy

ocean

It sounds like you should not move outside the orginal county without a new order. Did you have vistation changed due to the new move?

DecentDad

Hi Cathy,

Your language doesn't make sense.

"...shall remove the minor child for this jurisdiction..."

It should be FROM this jurisdiction, or specify FROM some other area.

If it were to read FROM this jurisdiction, then neither parent should ever take the child outside of that juridiction (i.e., probably county).

That's what may have been the intent of the language.

If so, and if a court agrees, then if either parent ever took the child outside of the jurisdiction (i.e., probably county), then that parent is in contempt of a court order.

While you feel screwed and that it isn't fair-- you and your ex made an agreement to this at some point.  You're apparently breaking the agreement, so who's getting screwed here?

While it's very restrictive, some would argue that the closer the parents live to each other, the better it is for the child.

DD

Lawmoe

It refers to relocating with teh child, not vaactaions or trips.

kitten

it was ok to move the child further away from the father?

kitten

I went back and read your other post.  You moved two hours away.  I believe what the order mean is actually moving the child out of county.  I'm sorry I don't know all of your circumstances, but why would you move that far away from your son?