Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 05:33:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Can the BM switch the childens health insurance?

Started by onedaddy, Oct 01, 2004, 04:32:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

onedaddy

BM just doesn't give up.  It seems like we've got a new aggravating situation everyday. The lawyer gets annoyed sometimes but she's getting rich.  The case keeps getting postponed so the judge won't possibly listening to everything, especially what happened months ago, as the list grows and grows and grows.

To my question....

We just found out BM put the children on SF's health insurance policy.  We now have know way of checking what doctor's they are going to and if they are going at all. She denied ss speech therapy for 20 session in 5 months, etc.  The decree states that the husband shall maintain health insurance for the children until they are emancipated.  Is this considered contempt or even continued alienation?  

Kitty C.

Definitely contempt...just add it to the list.  Just make damn sure she doesn't designate YOU as the person responsible for any outstanding balances.  If you get any bills from any provider, go in personally with your order and REMIND them that they do NOT have your signature to authorize such.  If they want their money, they'll have to get it from her.

And if she pitches a fit about it in court, throw this at her:  if she wants to continue to use SF's insurance, SHE will be responsible for any out of pocket expenses.  That ought to make her back up and think twice about it.........
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

onedaddy

Thanks, Kitty!

She has previously taken the children to out of network and we've made sure she will be held responsible.  $$$ talks.

MYSONSDAD

Boy, can I relate to what your going thru. Carbon copy with my situation.

She changes doctors on a regular schedule and blocks my access to our son's records. And I am they guy paying out of pocket for health insurance.

"Children learn what they live"

mango

I would think that she can cover the kids on the SD insurance, but it woudl be considered "secondary" insurance.

YOUR isuracne would be primary.

I would send a copy of your parenting plan to the HR department at her husbands work, and fax it to the insuracne company, he is covered  under. That way it would be written in as secondary.

Most forms have a spot where you list other insurance.

Otherwise Yes, she is definatley in contempt.

Kitty C.

It's all dependant on who's birthday is first!  If a minor is double-covered on ins., the company will ONLY take the one with the earliest birthdate as primary, like if Dad's birthday is in March and SF's is in Aug., they HAVE to take Dad's first. They get REALLY testy about this, too.

If you can find out at least what ins. company the SF is using, I'd be contacting them in a heartbeat!
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

onedaddy

Well DH's b'day is in January and Sf is in July but the counselor took it, which is how we found out. How would she have known there was any other insurance.  The last name should have been a red flag. Big DUH! We've met this woman in person and have had numerous talks on the phone with her.  She's certainly for another post.

Since we are weeks away from the custody trial the lawyer will look into it.  But I would like to contact SF's Union and let them know about this and keep it secondary. I want the children to be fully covered but DH needs to know the care they're getting.  Especially since SF is a violent convict with 3 years spent for domestic violence.

100 thanks for the advise I would have never thought about it  myself

hagatha

One,

Call BC/BS and explain your children are covered under SF's plan also. Tell the worker you speak with your insurance is court ordered to be primary and you want to make sure any medical services rendered to the children are covered correctly. They can find his insurance in most cases and will make the needed adjustments.

Basically what will happen is the kids will go to the dr. Ex will supply the Dr with the insurance info for SF. The provider will bill the ins co. The ins co will deny the claim as other insurance is avaliable and his is listed as secondary. The Dr's office will ontact mom (in the form of a Bill) and demand either payment or the correct insurance info.

You do not have to contact her or SF's employer at all. That way it is the insurance company making the decisions (lol) If asked you can tell her you were correcting the mistake the co made in billing the wrong insurance.

(and here is the big kicker . . . SF's insurance company will recup the monies lost in the incorrect billing. They will attempt to bill your insurance co as you are primary, BUT your company may elect to decline payment if the claim is too old. SF's insurance company will then bill them and expect to be repaid.)

The Witch

Remember . . . KARMA is a Wonderful Thing!!!

onedaddy

Oooh!  I like your thinking. You must stay in touch.
Just let me clarify, who is BC/BS?

I will get on this first thing Monday morning.

Karma is what keeps me going!

lucky

Lucky

Lead your life so you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip. ~  Will Rogers