Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 23, 2024, 03:25:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Forensics Evaluation Is in!

Started by onedaddy, Oct 05, 2004, 02:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

onedaddy

We just got a call to give us a brief synopsis of evaluators 30 report.
Here goes:
BM has severe psychological/psychopathic problems, she is a threat to society.  She has severe BPD and Antisocial Personality Disorder. She abuses the court system to get her way and is a threat to DH and the children.  She has proven deceptive on all the tests and in verbal examination.  The children were obviously coached when in private interview. BM met SF in a chatroom while he was under house arrest for DV and spent time in prison for DV, weapons assault, arson, etc.  and traveled 100's of miles to visit/meet him. She believes in him even though he is currently on probation for patronizing a prostitute during the marriage.  The 2 personalities together create an enormous risk to the children.
He added, DH and I are in a very stable relationship but DH is somewhat self-centered with extreme anxiety which is likely, at least partially caused by the actions of BM.  DH has consistently worked on his issues in continued thrapy. BM was most probably severly mistreated as a child and in any relationship she is likely to be abusive.    BM has a total lack of regard and the children should be removed immediately awarding DH full sole custody.  

OMG I can't believe this, this guy saw everything that was going on, he didn't miss a beat. The best $4,000 ever spent. (she paid for half)  

The irony of this whole thing is BM brought DH to court to have his rights revoked because he has "OCD"  which is not true, not even a mention in the report.  And it was BM's lawyer that requested the forensics evaluation be done in the first place.  I bet their kicking themselves for this one.

KARMA!

smtotwo

CONGRATULATIONS!!!  

When do you get the kids?  Like YESTERDAY?!

nosonew

Frame that baby and put it somewhere!  That is great!  When does the judge get to see it????? When do the kids come to you?  Do you just need to call CPS and show them the report or what????

Stepmom0418

CONGRATULATIONS!!

mable

Good for you!  I know what it is like to start thinking no one else will ever see the craziness.

Is a forensic evaluation the same as a psych eval? Daughter is going to court for pretrial next week and this is what they are requesting the ex go thru. She understands she will probably have to do it also.  I want to make sure I tell her the correct teminology to use when requesting this.

Your husband's ex sounds like a female version of Daughter's ex. He too likes to abuse the courts and police to his advantage and to harrass!Unfortunately he is working on marrigae # 3 in 3 yrs so he is not avail at moment but will be within the yr,lol!

She is currently NCP due to ex forging modification of custody papers and her not discovering it for 15 months!  Long involved story.

Thanks for any information!

purrrfectgirl

Congratulations.  I hope it the kids adjust quickly.  DOes she get visitation?  Please tell me it will be supervised!

But my last question is, does this evaluator travel?  I'm in Ohio and I need an evaluator that can see those same things about DH's ex.

onedaddy

Thank you!

The trial was originally scheduled for 9/27 but was postponed due to the delay in this report.  We  still must go on with the entire trial set for 10/27.  If this isn't enough for the judge I'm going to supreme court.  
Nothing is set in stone yet, but we're a whole lot more confident.
The evaluator was recommended from the GAL and requested by BM's lawyer first.  We thought he was a wise choice because he is a police psychologist and teaches for the FBI in like 30 countries.  Given the SF background we thought someone in law enforcement would be best. I do not believe he travels.
What I believe proved to be most helpful was the 14 page chronology I sent over prior to the 1st interview.  Although they do not read it until the end, he had it for review with the 100's of pages to back up everything we said.  I started with a chronology of the facts that we could prove. I later summarized some here say and some facts.  We were easily able to prove that each time she failed in court or did not get her way she filed charges against DH or his truck was blown up or CPS was called, etc.
During the last interview we were allowed to share with the interviewer what we wanted.  We brought tape recordings of BM violently threatening me in front of the children, of BM thretening to have DH arrested if he picked the kids up on his weekend. He could not believe the language they used and his persona change immediately.
I also did all kinds of searches on the SF aside from the criminal check, he was married 4 times(the evaluator doesn't believe 2nd marriages work), numerous orders of protection that were or almost were obtained against him, etc.  I'd be happy to send over my info after the trial if that helps and give you info on the website's I used for my background checks.  I got some of them off of webdetective so I'd be happy to share.

The most important thing was we were completely honest and offered the evaluator what ever he wanted and they were not.

And a forensics evaluation is very different from a psychological evaluation I'm not quite sure specifics but I know there is info on this site.
start with this one
URL: http://www.deltabravo.net/custody/evaluations.htm - size 16kb - 20 Oct 2003

mango

If in Columbus ohio, DO not got to Dr. Tannenbaum. He will side with the BM and doesn't not see PAS as a problem.

Stoneburner and Lilly Does recognize PAS.

DecentDad

Congrats!

For what it's worth, my attorney told me that sometimes attorneys know that their client is a nutjob and potentially harmful to the kids, but they still have to advocate for their clients.  He said that a "legal" way some of the more ethical attorneys try to really help the situation (despite that their client may be the evil one) is to suggest an evaluation.  That way, they still have to advocate for their client, but they've pointed the direction of the case to uncover what they already suspect but can't tell anyone.... and it's still truly acting in their client's interest if an evaluation can be the catalyst to get the client into therapy/treatment for his/her own good.

onedaddy

I wondered tht myself.  I'd like to believe this lawyer has some ethics but seeing his actions on BM's behalf it is highly unlikely.  We actually were forced to bring a sanction motion against him for illegally obtaining my husbands medical records 3 weeks after the judge told him not to.  The GAL is at her wits end with him as well.  It is of our understanding that BM's lawyer went through an extremely bitter divorce and it comes out in his cases.  I would not be surprises if he had not given some very poor advise to BM, i.e moving the children a 6th time in two years w/o any knowledge to joint custody DH just weeks before a custody trial.  
Their digging a whole.

Please excuse me he did NOT put my husband on a pedestal stating he had extreme bouts with anxiety, showed compulsive tendencies, often self-centered and viewed himself as a victim even whiney at times but he was not OCD and of the same threat to the children as BM.  

I just hope we got a judge with a little guts, but even then there will likely be violence and criminal acts taken against us.  It will  be hard on the children, hard on our relationship and our unborn child,but I'd rather that than see these children in jail or worse in a few years which is bound to happen even the evaluator thinks so.