Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 03:41:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Going in Tuesday

Started by lookinnomore, Oct 31, 2004, 08:27:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lookinnomore

Tuesday we go in for out "home study" interview.  We take all the children, his boys who the custody battle is over.  Mine 3 girls.  Any idea what I am walking into?

Do they speak to all these children as a whole?  Do they talk to the children one at a time?  Should we try to talk to the kids before we take them there or just take them in  and let it be.  I don't mean coach them, I mean prepare them in some way.

I hate to feel blind walking into this, we are good people, I guess fear of the unknown is the worst. Any thing you know will be more than I know!

MYSONSDAD

Go into the search at the top of the board and type in Evaluations. There are 88 to choose from.

What they will do is watch and see how the children interact with you. They will also ask questions. Be as truthful as possible.

Do the search and educate yourself.  GOOD LUCK!

"Children learn what they live"

Lawmoe

The evaluator will make at least one home visit to watch you interact with your child(ren). The evaluator may or may not speak with teh children depending on their age and maturity.  The evaluator is watching to see:

Whether you actively play with and interact with your child;

Whether you set appropriate boundaries for the child and whether the child obeys those boundaries;

Discipline used

Child's reaction to the parent:  

Condition of the home environment.