Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 01:55:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Anyone see Dr. Phil yesterday?

Started by kitten, Nov 02, 2004, 11:43:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitten

This was the second custody battle show and we would have been on for a follow up, but they decided not to do it w/o BM.  I find it interesting and more than a little disappointing that the good Dr. had Bridget Marks on TWICE without the other party.  Once again, her book was shamelessly plugged.  I'm glad she has found help, but what makes her more deserving?

kitten

I would like to comment on the custody battles update show 11/1/2004.  I am more that a little disappointed in Dr. Phil for not including Will Brown's story in this show with or wothout Heidi.  I also find it interesting that Bridget Marks has received so much help (which I am glad for her and her daughters), but the other parent in her battle was not required for her to be on the show and receive help.  I am embarassed for and disappointed in Dr. Phil for shamelessly plugging her book ONCE AGAIN.  I wonder if someone from the show can answer my question of what makes Bridgets children more deserving than Will and Heidi's?  Why have the THEY fallen by the wayside????

catherine

was Ms Marks convinving in her fight?  She looked like a major PAS'er after that Dateline or 20/20 show.  When one carries on with the crying and hysterics in front of the kiddos, of course that will really make them cry.  Just curious on your thoughts since you met her.

kitten

You know, it was really hard to tell.  I usually have good instincts, but with her it is difficult.  She is definately using the custody battle as a way to further her career though and Dr. Phil is SHAMELESSLY helping her do so.  I understand she needs the money for her custody battle, but so do so many of us "little people".  

MYSONSDAD

Severe PAS to the extreme...

Those girls cried "on cue"

I taped it and watched it several times. Even the media covering the story had her number. Many professionals also made comments about her 'public audition'

I applaude the father for keeping those girls out of the limelight...

"Children learn what they live"

MYSONSDAD

I have written and asked for an update on Will's custody battle.

I guess with her looks, she will get further with Dr. Phil then Will...

I think she uses that to her advantage. But thats another story, time will tell.

Maybe you should call 20/20 or PrimeTime and let them know of how Bridget is doing and who she is talking to. They might have an interest or at least raise the question why she had priority on the same issue.

Could be interesting...

"Children learn what they live"

StPaulieGirl

In fact, I was looking for you guys.  It's kind of funny, I turned on the tv and there was the program.  I was actually looking for the local news for election coverage.

Sorry to say that I didn't pay attention to most of the program, as I was packing up the hall closet.  I did take a break when Bridget Marks came on.  She's a strange breed of cat.  I was raised with the notion of never making a scene in public, no matter how upset you are.  Therefore, I was extremely uncomfortable with her after that court appearance.  Her hysterics did the children no good.

Another thing is her faith.  I'm a baptized Catholic, but no longer attend Mass.  I haven't received Communion in years, due to the fact that I have practiced birth control, which is against Church teaching.  She had a relationship and two children with a married man.  Has she sought absolution?  It galls me that people like her, Kerry, and Kennedy, etc, wave their baptism certificates in our faces while they break all the commandments.  Having said that, the children have a right to attend Church services.

I was so busy studying her body language, that I didn't catch the fact that she has a book out.  False accusations of sexual molestation is the lowest thing you can do.....but molestation does happen.  Did the father of these children molest them, or is Bridget acting out?  She isn't helping her case by behaving like a total airhead.  

I think we can all agree that the father is bad news.  He is a powerful man with a lot of money.  I hate to think of the pressure that he put on his wife, regarding the raising of his bastard children.  For that alone, I don't think the girls are in a safe place.

Raisin_3

She is a MOTHER who had her kids taken from her.  Better rating since it is not as common for a mom to lose custody as it is for a dad too.

FleetingMoment

>This was the second custody battle show and we would have
>been on for a follow up, but they decided not to do it w/o BM.

Look at this way. How many viewers expressed disappointment that Aylsworth hadn't made an appearance along with Marks? Will is not famous, though granted he got his 15 minutes on Dr. Phil's show. Dr. Phil believes in Marks. The public IS interested in Marks.

Dr. Phil is interested in resolution. Apparently, something, Will and his ex are not interested in doing. Perhaps, Will should try the Maury Povich Show. Maury will keep updating.

Will's moveaway story is not unique. Though Alaska would not be the first choice of many citizens, one has to wonder what the feeling would be should Will's ex's choice of residency had been, say, CA. What exactly is the differential in distance between the west and east coast as opposed to north and south?

Something tells Dr. Phil that Will and his ex would continue to battle whether the move is an hour or 25 hours away. Face it, Kitten, this is not your battle or your children, and never will be. Dr. Phil is not to blame. Bridget Marks is not to blame. Will and his ex are. Period.

kitten

We all live in CA.  Heidi's family lives in southern Oregon which is only 6 hours away by car.  Will would still fight the move, but would not be so deperate since it is much closer than 4000 miles.

Will's story is not unique, unfortunately.  That is why it needs to be out there.  One family at a time...

Resolution is why we want the ex to stay close, only resolution can help the kids.