Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 10:26:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Article from Boston, Mass

Started by MYSONSDAD, Nov 05, 2004, 10:41:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitty C.

Just talking from my heart............

Just wish those guys beaten down by the system and their exes over at Dad's Divorce felt the same way.  I'm getting sick and tired of continously having to defend myself over there...........

Think I should post it there?

BTW, haven't gotten a response back........but I'm not really expecting one, either.........
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

Bolivar

Kitty C. I saw this post awhile ago and have been thinking of how to answer.  You ask a tough question,,, and in my opinion there is no good answer.  This is the best I can do.  Please read the whole loooooooong post.  Thanks :-)

>>>===<<<

I sent an email to my local PACE group asking if we could start a meeting of Father's Rights group.  It would be a get-together of dads to discuss legal and emotional issues for men going through divorce.

This is his response. (personal stuff was removed.  Yes men DO talk to other men about there problems)

Dear Bolivar,

Here is a bit of history for you. PACE used to be called FACE (Father and Children for Equality). The name change came because of the number of woman, as hard as that is to believe , that got and are getting screwed by the courts. Hence the more politically correct PARENTS came to be.

My personal thought is that any group that excludes woman or implies the exclusion by name will fail and cause an adverse effect.  We need each other. One of the strongest leaders with PACE is a woman and she was able to get us in the door with HB232 and will get this reintroduced next year.

As the chapter director in Akron, I am getting as many complaints from women as men about the problem, although gender biased plays a big role, it is mostly the ability of the judges to apply personal discretion with no direction of equality from the law. This allows for politics to enter the family courts through donations and outside court room activities.

The most important thing that can happen is the introduction and state wide support of new custody legislation for this state.  

A purely Father's Rights group, NO! This problem has to be approached as Parents and we need that other half as our support. Together we will win this for the children.

Ray R Lautenschlager
"The Keeper Of the Penny"
http://www.pacegroup.org
http://www.pace-akron.net
http://www.nopeusa.org

>>>===<<<

I grew up in a household where dad worked at the office and mom worked at home.
Growing up my dad had his night out with the boys (golf, bowling)
Mom had her woman stuff during the day.

I think it is healthy to have "him and her" division at certain times.

If my opinion counts for anything I think you are a good woman.

That's all I got.  Your question is in par with "What is the meaning of life".  Difficult one to answer.

Kitty C.

I don't know why I keep going back to DD, as the atmosphere there is TOTALLY different than here..........but there are guys there who do understand the concept and that the only way we can make society realize all the problems in the system and make effective changes is to WORK TOGETHER.

Most get it, but there always will be that few who got burned SO bad by their exes and the system that they are forever turned off even at the idea that some women really want to help.  I just hope and pray that they don't pass their hatred onto their kids.........
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

Bolivar

Kitty C. I saw this post awhile ago and have been thinking of how to answer.  You ask a tough question,,, and in my opinion there is no good answer.  This is the best I can do.  Please read the whole loooooooong post.  Thanks :-)

>>>===<<<

I sent an email to my local PACE group asking if we could start a meeting of Father's Rights group.  It would be a get-together of dads to discuss legal and emotional issues for men going through divorce.

This is his response. (personal stuff was removed.  Yes men DO talk to other men about there problems)

Dear Bolivar,

Here is a bit of history for you. PACE used to be called FACE (Father and Children for Equality). The name change came because of the number of woman, as hard as that is to believe , that got and are getting screwed by the courts. Hence the more politically correct PARENTS came to be.

My personal thought is that any group that excludes woman or implies the exclusion by name will fail and cause an adverse effect.  We need each other. One of the strongest leaders with PACE is a woman and she was able to get us in the door with HB232 and will get this reintroduced next year.

As the chapter director in Akron, I am getting as many complaints from women as men about the problem, although gender biased plays a big role, it is mostly the ability of the judges to apply personal discretion with no direction of equality from the law. This allows for politics to enter the family courts through donations and outside court room activities.

The most important thing that can happen is the introduction and state wide support of new custody legislation for this state.  

A purely Father's Rights group, NO! This problem has to be approached as Parents and we need that other half as our support. Together we will win this for the children.

Ray R Lautenschlager
"The Keeper Of the Penny"
http://www.pacegroup.org
http://www.pace-akron.net
http://www.nopeusa.org

>>>===<<<

I grew up in a household where dad worked at the office and mom worked at home.
Growing up my dad had his night out with the boys (golf, bowling)
Mom had her woman stuff during the day.

I think it is healthy to have "him and her" division at certain times.

If my opinion counts for anything I think you are a good woman.

That's all I got.  Your question is in par with "What is the meaning of life".  Difficult one to answer.

Kitty C.

I don't know why I keep going back to DD, as the atmosphere there is TOTALLY different than here..........but there are guys there who do understand the concept and that the only way we can make society realize all the problems in the system and make effective changes is to WORK TOGETHER.

Most get it, but there always will be that few who got burned SO bad by their exes and the system that they are forever turned off even at the idea that some women really want to help.  I just hope and pray that they don't pass their hatred onto their kids.........